Norman Macfarlane, Baron Macfarlane of Bearsden
Macfarlane was a Member of the Council CBI Scotland from 1975 to 1981, a Board Member of the Scottish Development Agency from 1979 until 1987, and a Member of the Royal Fine Art Commission for Scotland from 1980 to 1982. Macfarlane received a knighthood in 1983, was created a life peer with the title Baron Macfarlane of Bearsden, of Bearsden in the District of Bearsden and Milngavie on 29 July 1991 and made a Knight of the Thistle in 1996. He retired from the House of Lords on 21 July 2016. He was Lord High Commissioner to the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland in 1992, 1993 and 1997. He has been a member of Glasgow Art Club since 1969. In 1991 he was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh. Macfarlane is Honorary Patron of Queen's Park.
- Lord Macfarlane of Bearsden, House of Lords
- "No. 49328". The London Gazette. 22 April 1983. p. 5510.
- "No. 52686". The London Gazette. 15 October 1991. p. 15641.
- "No. 54597". The London Gazette. 3 December 1996. p. 15995.
- Lord Macfarlane of Bearsden – UK Parliament
- Glasgow Arts Club Retrieved 2011-08-17
- "Lord Norman MacFarlane of Bearsden of Bearsden KT FRSE - The Royal Society of Edinburgh". The Royal Society of Edinburgh. Retrieved 12 February 2018.
- "Norman Somerville Macfarlane". http://powerbase.info. Retrieved 22 August 2018. External link in
|Orders of precedence in the United Kingdom|
The Lord Skidelsky
Baron Macfarlane of Bearsden
The Lord Craig of Radley
|This biography of a life peer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|