Norman R. Pace
|Norman Richard Pace Jr.|
|Alma mater||Indiana University, University of Illinois|
|Known for||RNA Processing|
|Institutions||University of Colorado at Boulder|
Norman Richard Pace Jr. (born 1942) is an American biochemist, and is Distinguished Professor of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology at the University of Colorado. He is principal investigator at the Pace lab.
He graduated from Indiana University with an A.B., and from the University of Illinois with a Ph.D. He taught at the National Jewish Hospital and Research Center, the University of Colorado Medical Center, Indiana University and the University of California, Berkeley. He has worked with the NASA Astrobiology Institute.
- 1987 Lew Bicking Award
- 1991 Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- 2001 Selman A. Waksman Award in Microbiology of the National Academy of Sciences
- 2001 MacArthur Fellows Program
- 2007 Abbott-American Society for Microbiology Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2008 RNA Society Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2008 International Society of Microbial Ecology Tiedje Award for Lifetime Achievement
- "Book of Members, 1780-2010: Chapter P" (PDF). American Academy of Arts and Sciences. Retrieved 16 April 2011.
- "Norm Pace — MCD Biology University of Colorado Boulder". Mcdb.colorado.edu. Retrieved 2010-10-31.
- "Pace Lab- Dr. Norm Pace". Pacelab.colorado.edu. Retrieved 2010-10-31.
- "Norman Pace « Profile « Directory « NASA Astrobiology". Astrobiology.nasa.gov. Retrieved 2010-10-31.
- "Lew Bicking Award".
- "Lew Bicking Award Recipients".
- "Selman A. Waksman Award in Microbiology". National Academy of Sciences. Archived from the original on 29 December 2010. Retrieved 27 February 2011.
- "CU-Boulder Microbiologist Receives National Academy Of Sciences Award | News Center | University of Colorado at Boulder". Colorado.edu. 2001-01-18. Retrieved 2010-10-31.
- "CU-Boulder Biology Professor Wins 2001 MacArthur Fellowship | News Center | University of Colorado at Boulder". Colorado.edu. 2001-10-24. Retrieved 2010-10-31.