Norristown Area School District
Norristown Area School District is a school district located in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania in the United States. The school district serves the borough of Norristown, East Norriton Township, and West Norriton Township municipalities in central Montgomery County, just north-west of Philadelphia. The district is compiled of six elementary schools, three middle schools, and two high schools. The Philadelphia Inquirer has recognized Norristown Area School District as the most diverse district in the Pennsylvanian suburbs of the greater Philadelphia area. Dr. Janet C. Samuels was appointed superintendent on January 11, 2008. As of the 2018-2019 academic year, Mr. Christopher Dormer will be the superintendent for this district. 
- Cole Manor Elementary School
- J.K. Gotwals Elementary School
- W.S. Hancock Elementary School
- Marshall Street Elementary School
- Paul V. Fly Elementary School
- Whitehall Elementary School
- East Norriton Middle School
- Eisenhower Science and Technology Leadership Academy
- Stewart Middle School
- Norristown Area High School
- Roosevelt Alternative School
The Norristown Area High School (NAHS) was established in 1870 in the Borough of Norristown and relocated to West Norriton Township in 1972. The student population is about 1900 students in grades 9-12.
The high school utilizes a modified block schedule, offers all core courses in a college prep and weighted honors format, and has entered into a partnership with Montgomery County Community College to offer dual enrollment (both high school and college credit) in a number of courses.
Norristown Area High School was a member of the Suburban One League, American Conference, one of four remaining founding members of the league. In 2016 the school joined the Pioneer Athletic Conference, Liberty Division, after a unanimous vote by the board in January 2015.
The Norristown Boys Basketball program stands on its history and championship traditions. Their basketball program continues to grow stronger each year by putting an emphasis on academics, character, and hard work. The basketball team holds one state championship, 5 regional championships, 8 District One Championships, and 30 League Championships. In 2017, the Norristown Area School District hired NAHS alum Dana "Binky" Johnson as the new head coach.
Board of School Directors
The nine member board are elected at-large that serve 4-year terms. They are elected by voters in East Norriton, Norristown, and West Norriton. 
- Turea Hutson, President
- Matt Rivera, Vice President
- Shae Ashe
- Tiffani Hendley
- George Kennedy
- Louis Mason
- Janice Pearce
- Sandra White
- Jamila Winder
- Kellee Stewart graduated from NASD in 1993.
- Jerry Spinelli, children's author. Two of his books are set in the Norristown area.
- Betty Bobbitt, star of Prisoner: Cell Block H
- Khalif Wyatt (born 1991), American basketball player for Hapoel Holon of the Israeli Basketball Premier League
- Henry “Big H” Williams, Former NBA player for Utah Stars and New York Knicks
- Steve Bono, Former NFL Quarterback
- Norristown Area School District Homepage
- Norristown Area High School Alumni Association
- Official Norristown Area School District Press Releases
- Norristown Area School District's BoardDocs website
- Philadelphia Inquirer | School Report Card
- Norristown Area School District
- Bradley Schlegel (February 5, 2015). "Norristown Applies to Join PAC-10 Conference". Retrieved 2017-12-13.
- "History – Welcome to the Home of Norristown Basketball". townhoop.com. Retrieved 2017-11-19.
- "School Board / Home". www.nasd.k12.pa.us. Retrieved 2017-11-19.
- Kellee Stewart - Biography