Norsemen (TV series)
Jon Iver Helgaker |
Jon Iver Helgaker |
|Country of origin||Norway|
Norwegian (Norway) |
|No. of series||2|
|No. of episodes||12|
Marianne Arsky-Andersen |
Odd Gunnar Iversen
Anders Tangen |
|Running time||30 minutes|
NRK1 (Norway) |
Norsemen is a Norwegian comedy TV series about a group of Vikings living in the village of Norheim around the year 790. It originally premiered in Norway under the name Vikingane (The Vikings) on NRK1 in October 2016. It is produced for NRK by Viafilm. The series is written and directed by Jon Iver Helgaker and Jonas Torgersen.
The series is recorded in the village of Avaldsnes in Karmøy municipality, Rogaland, Norway, and it was recorded simultaneously in both Norwegian and English-language versions. The first season of the English version was made available on Netflix's video streaming service in August 2017 under the name Norsemen. Season two was filmed in early 2017.
The first season won the Gullruten award in 2017 for Best Comedy Show, and it was also nominated for Best Sound Production (Peter Clausen and Erling Rein).
Norwegian writer Marie Kleve praised the parody violence and how it reflects stories from our time while the people are living in the Viking era.
The first season averaged more than one million viewers in Norway, a country with a population of a little over five million.
The New York Times billed Norsemen one of the 10 best international TV series in 2017.
The Guardian ranked Norsemen the 29th best TV show of 2017.
- Linda Jew (April 25, 2016). "Vikingane: New Comedy Series Spoofing Vikings Filming in Norwegian and English". The Euro TV Place. Retrieved August 27, 2017.
- "Vikingane goes global as Norsemen on Netflix". nordicdrama.com. Archived from the original on 2017-08-15.
- Jorn Rossing Jensen (August 21, 2017). "Haugesund: NRK's Ivar Køhn on Norway's TV Drama Build, Nordic Noir as a Brand". Variety. Retrieved August 27, 2017.
- "Komiserien «Vikingane» er vekselvis hylende morsom og underbukse-platt". Dagbladet.no. Retrieved 2016-10-17.
- "Nesten én million har sett premieren". NRK. Retrieved 2016-10-27.
|This Norwegian television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|