North Jersey Media Group
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (August 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
North Jersey Media Group (NJMG), part of the USA Today Network, is a provider of news and marketing services in North Jersey. The company is headquartered in Woodland Park (formerly West Paterson) and is best known for its daily newspaper, The Record. NJMG also publishes the Herald News (which covers Passaic County), more than 40 community newspapers and a family of glossy magazines, including (201), Bergen County's only monthly magazine. All of the publications contribute news, features, columns and local information to NorthJersey.com, the company's website. The company also owns Bergen.com.
North Jersey Media Group was formed in 2000 as an umbrella organization for all of the media interests of the Borg family, which acquired The Record in 1930. In July 2016, the Borg family sold the company to Gannett Company, acquiring assets that include The Record -- a daily that is the second-largest newspaper in the state -- as well as the Herald News and a network of 50 community newspapers that cumulatively generated $90 million per year in revenues. Gannett's acquisition of The Record will create the state's largest print media network, in combination with the Asbury Park Press, Courier News, Courier-Post, The Daily Journal and Home News Tribune.
The company operates a solar-powered plant which prints all of the company's newspapers and those of some other publishers.
- About North Jersey Media Group, accessed August 15, 2016
- McCarthy, Craig. "Gannett buys The Record, N.J.'s second-largest newspaper", NJ Advance Media for NJ.com, July 6, 2016. Accessed August 15, 2016. "North Jersey Media Group, publisher of The Record, New Jersey's second-largest daily newspaper, has been purchased by Gannett, the biggest newspaper chain in the country.Under the deal, Gannett will acquire The Record, nearly 50 community papers across North Jersey and other assets of North Jersey Media Group."
- Beilfuss, Lisa. "Gannett Buys Assets from North Jersey Media Group; Titles acquired include Bergen County’s Record newspaper, among others" The Wall Street Journal, July 6, 2016. Accessed August 15, 2016. "The company said the acquisition would add roughly $90 million in annual revenue."
- Diamond, Michael L. "Gannett buys The Record, North Jersey Media Group", Asbury Park Press, July 7, 2016. Accessed August 15, 2016. "The acquisition by Gannett Co. Inc. creates New Jersey's largest media company with a network of journalists stretching from Bergen County in the north to Cumberland County in the south.... They will join the Asbury Park Press based in Neptune, the Daily Record in Morristown, the Courier News in Somerville, the Home News Tribune which covers Middlesex County, the Courier-Post in Cherry Hill and The Daily Journal in Vineland."
- North Jersey Media Group Solar Project