North American Poker Tour season 2
Below are the results for season 2 of the North American Poker Tour (NAPT).
- Casino: Atlantis Resort, Bahamas
- Buy-in: $10,000 + $300
- 7-Day Event: January 8, 2011 to January 15, 2011
- Number of buy-ins: 1,560
- Total Prize Pool: $15,132,000
- Number of Payouts: 232
NAPT Mohegan Sun
- Casino: Mohegan Sun, Uncasville, Connecticut
- Buy-in: $5,000
- 5-Day Event: April 9, 2011 to April 13, 2011
- Number of buy-ins: 387
- Total Prize Pool: $1,764,330
- Number of Payouts: 56
On April 15, 2011, along with similar competitors' sites, the NAPT's affiliated website, Pokerstars.com, was seized and shut down by U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York, which alleged that PokerStars was in violation of federal bank fraud and money laundering laws. The company subsequently stopped allowing players from the United States to play real money games.
As of February 13, 2012, the NAPT website, and information on remaining events for Season 2, has not been updated since the April 15, 2011 seizure.
As of March 3, 2012 (possibly earlier), the NAPT website no longer shows the North American series—redirecting instead to information regarding the Latin American Poker Tour.
- Ben Rooney (April 15, 2011). "Online poker companies indicted for fraud". CNNMoney.com.