North Andaman Island
Map of North Andaman Island
|Location||Bay of Bengal|
|Adjacent bodies of water||Indian Ocean|
|Area||1,317 km2 (508 sq mi)|
|Length||80 km (50 mi)|
|Width||26 km (16.2 mi)|
|Coastline||366 km (227.4 mi)|
|Highest elevation||731 m (2,398 ft)|
|Highest point||Saddle Peak|
|District||North and Middle Andaman|
|Island group||Andaman Islands|
|Island sub-group||Great Andaman|
|Largest settlement||Diglipur (pop. 15,000)|
|Pop. density||32.3 /km2 (83.7 /sq mi)|
|Ethnic groups||Hindu, Andamanese|
|Telephone code||031927 |
|Avg. summer temperature||30.2 °C (86.4 °F)|
|Avg. winter temperature||23.0 °C (73.4 °F)|
|Official Languages||Hindi, English|
North Andaman Island is the northern island of Great Andaman of the Andaman Islands. It belongs to the North and Middle Andaman administrative district, part of the Indian union territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands. the island is lying 137 km (85 mi) north from Port Blair.
The island previously had an indigenous population of the Great Andamanese, for example, the Bo, but they are no longer present: the island is populated by immigrants from the Indian mainland and their descendants.
- "Islandwise Area and Population - 2011 Census" (PDF). Government of Andaman.
- Sailing Directions (Enroute), Pub. 173: India and the Bay of Bengal (PDF). Sailing Directions. United States National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency. 2017. p. 275.
- "A&N Islands - Pincodes". 22 September 2016. Archived from the original on 23 March 2014. Retrieved 22 September 2016. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|deadurl=(help)CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "STD Codes of Andaman and Nicobar". allcodesindia.in. Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- Registration Plate Numbers added to ISO Code
- Island-wise Statistical Outline - 2008. NORTH ANDAMAN ISLAND[permanent dead link] (PDF)
- "Village Code Directory: Andaman & Nicobar Islands" (PDF). Census of India. Retrieved 16 January 2011.
- "DEMOGRAPHIC – A&N ISLANDS" (PDF). andssw1.and.nic.in. Retrieved 23 September 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to North Andaman Island.|
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Diglipur.|
|This Andaman and Nicobar Islands location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|