North Attleborough High School
|North Attleborough High School|
|1 Wilson W. Whitty Way
North Attleborough, Massachusetts, (Bristol County) 02760
|Principal||Lee Anne Todd (Interim)|
|Average class size||21|
|Student to teacher ratio||16.1:1|
|Color(s)||Red and White|
|Accreditation||New England Association of Schools and Colleges|
|Average SAT scores||530 verbal
1575 total (2015-2016)
|Newspaper||The First Launch|
North Attleborough High School was located in the current Community School building until the fall of 1973 when it moved into its current location on Wilson W. Whitty Way.
Subjects required for graduation
- English - four years
- Mathematics - three years
- Science - three years
- History/Social Studies - four years
- Physical Education - one semester each year (three classes per week for underclassmen and two classes per week for upperclassmen)
- Health Education - two semesters
- Consumer Education - one semester
- Fine Arts/Practical Arts - one semester each or one year long course
- Computer Science - one semester or successful completion of a proficiency test (HTML/Powerpoint/Computer Applications)
- U.S. History
- Music Theory
The athletic teams compete in the Davenport division of the Hockomock League. From 2010-2016 North Attleborough played in the Kelly-Rex division. There is an annual North Attleborough vs Attleboro Thanksgiving Day football game.
Varsity Sports in North Attleborough for the 2015-2016 academic school year are as follows:
- Cross Country
- Field Hockey
- Ice Hockey
- Indoor Track & Field
- Track and Field
- Joseph W. Martin, Jr. (1902): Republican Speaker of the House of Representatives from 1947–1949 and again from 1953-1955. He is noted for being the only Republican to serve as Speaker from 1931 until 1995.
- Allen Ripley: Former MLB player (Boston Red Sox, San Francisco Giants, Chicago Cubs)
- John Robitaille (1966): Republican candidate for Governor of Rhode Island in 2010.
- Chris Sullivan (1992): Former American football defensive lineman for the New England Patriots and the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Anthony Sherman (2007): Football fullback for the Kansas City Chiefs.
- Colin Grafton (2010) Team USA figure skater, 2012 National Bronze Medalist, 2012 Junior World Member 2012 World Junior Figure Skating Championships