North Augusta High School
|North Augusta High School|
Logo of North Augusta High School featuring the school's mascot.
2000 Knobcone Avenue
South Carolina 29841
|Motto||Crescat Scientia, Animis Opibusque Parati|
|School district||Aiken County Public School District|
|Campus size||50 acres (200,000 m2)|
|Color(s)||Black and gold |
North Augusta High School is a four-year public high school located in North Augusta, South Carolina. Approximately 2,000 students attend the school. The school offers over thirty student organizations including Future Business Leaders of America, National Beta Club, NAHS Jacket Regiment, Engineering Team, NJROTC, National Honor Society, Academic Team, Foreign Language Clubs, Art Club, and a Mock Trial team. North Augusta is an AP Magnet School and is partnered with the National Math and Science Initiative to provide various programs, resources, and help to students enrolled in AP courses at the school.
North Augusta High School's mascot is the Yellow Jacket. They compete in SCHSL Region 5-4A with Aiken, Airport, Brookland-Cayce, Midland Valley, and South Aiken. The school fields over twenty-five varsity and junior varsity teams. The North Augusta Jacket Regiment, the school marching band, contends in competitions throughout the Southeast. The band annually participates in the SCBDA Lower State and State Finals. North Augusta High is also home to sporting leagues such as football, baseball, softball, cross country, track and field, basketball, tennis, golf, swim team, and soccer.
Notably, the North Augusta Women's Basketball Team completed a three-peat, winning the state championship in 2017, 2018, and 2019. Also recently, the Men's 4x400 Relay Track Team won the 2017 SCHSL State Championship with a time of 3:21.62.
Beginning in 2014, new construction began across campus to renovate and replace the aged buildings on campus. A new science and technology building, cafeteria, classrooms, and parking was added behind the (at the time) main portion of the school. In 2017, the old cafeteria was torn down and was replaced with new upperclassmen rooms. As of May 2019, demolition has begun on the old main school building, which used to house the main office as well as 4 halls of classrooms.
- Parker Collins ,National Football League football player Carolina Panthers
- Matt Hazel,National Football League football player
- Craig Baynham, former National Football League football player
- Matt Campbell, former National Football League football player
- Tyler Colvin, Major League Baseball player
- Fred Vinson, former National Football League football player
- Charlie Waters, former National Football League football player
- Scott Brown, PGA Tour Winner
- Kyle Dawson, "3-peat: North Augusta girls win third straight state championship", Aiken Standard, March 2nd, 2019
- 2017 SCHSL State Championship - Boys 3A 4A 5A
|This South Carolina school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|