Rural Municipality of North Battleford No. 437
|North Battleford No. 437|
|Local improvement district||May 14, 1905.|
|Rural Municipality||October 1909.|
|• Total||797.20 km2 (307.80 sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC (UTC-6)|
This article is about the rural municipality in Canada. For other places with the same name, see Battleford
North Battleford No. 437, Saskatchewan is a rural municipality of 737 rural residents (2006 census) in the northwestern part of Saskatchewan, Canada. It comprises the rural area generally to the north and east of the city of North Battleford. The RM was incorporated December 12, 1910 .
The North Battleford Energy Centre, a 260 MW generating station, was built by Northland Power in the RM of North Battlerford. Newman Matchim, the Operations Manager for NBEC, now lives in North Battleford No. 437. The population is now 738.
A rural municipality is an administrative district consisting of an elected reeve, councilors, administrator who provide essential services within their area.
The Battlefords are the crossroads for the Yellowhead Highway Route and highways 4, 26, 29, and 40.
— North Battleford No. 43, Saskatchewan,
- Lat 52° 45' 35" N
- Long 108° 13' 40" W
- Time zone (est) UTC-6
- "MRD Municipal Status Information" ([dead link] – Scholar search), Ministry of Municipal Affairs (Government of Saskatchewan), archived from the original on 2008-03-25, retrieved 2008-03-27
- Saskatchewan Genealogy Association, retrieved 2008-03-27
- "geographical codes and localities ,2006", Statistics Canada (Government of Canada), retrieved 2008-03-27
- "North Battleford No. 437, Saskatchewan,", Sask biz (Government of Saskatchewan), retrieved 2008-03-27
- Sask Biz, Government of Saskatchewan (2004), North Battleford No. 437, Saskatchewan, retrieved 2008-03-27
- "2006 Community Profiles". Canada 2006 Census. Statistics Canada. March 30, 2011. Retrieved 2009-02-24.
- "North Battleford No. 437, Saskatchewan, Canada, North America". World Index. Rumbletum.org. 2004. Retrieved 2008-03-27.
- Saskatoon Regional Economic Development Authority - SREDA
- Saskatchewan, Canada, Rand McNally 1924 Indexed Pocket Map Tourists' and Shippers' Guide
- GeoNames Query
- Post Offices and Postmasters - ArchiviaNet - Library and Archives Canada
- Saskatchewan Gen Web - One Room School Project
- Canadian Maps: January 1925 Waghorn's Guide. Post Offices in Man. Sask. Alta. and West Ontario.
- Saskatoon Gen Web
- Map of North Battleford No. 437 at Statcan
|This Saskatchewan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|