North Carolina Central Eagles football
|North Carolina Central Eagles football|
|Head coach||Jerry Mack
4th season, 28–12 (.700)
|Location||Durham, North Carolina|
|All-time record||427–356–31 (.544)|
|Colors||Maroon and Gray
The North Carolina Central Eagles football program is a college football team representing North Carolina Central University. The Eagles play at the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) level as a member of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference.
- 1952–1972: NCAA College Division
- 1955–1969: NAIA
- 1970–1986: NAIA Division I
- 1973–2010: NCAA Division II
- 2011–present: NCAA Division I–AA/FCS
- 1922–1927: Independent
- 1928–1970: Central Intercollegiate Athletics Association
- 1971–1978: Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference
- 1979–2006: Central Intercollegiate Athletics Association
- 2007–2009: Division II Independent
- 2010–present: Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference
Championships (1980- Present)
Football Championship Subdivision (FCS)
- 2016 MEAC Football Champions.
- 2015 MEAC Football Co-Champions.
- 2014 MEAC Football Co-Champions.
- 2006 Central Intercollegiate Athletics Association Football Champions.
- 2005 Central Intercollegiate Athletics Association Champions
- 1980 Central Intercollegiate Athletics Association Champions
Alumni in the NFL
Over 25 North Carolina Central alumni have played in the NFL, including:
- John Baker
- Louis Breeden
- William Frizzell
- Robert Massey
- Doug Wilkerson
- Aaron B. Martin, Sr
- Ryan Smith (cornerback, born 1993)
- Greg Peterson (American football)
- North Carolina Central University – Mascot Graphic Standards Manual (PDF). Retrieved August 13, 2016.