North Central High School (Farmersburg, Indiana)
|North Central Jr./Sr. High School|
910 E. Co. Rd. 975 N.|
Farmersburg, Sullivan County, Indiana 47850
|Type||Public high school|
|Motto||"We are one."|
|School district||Northeast School Corporation|
|Dean||Mr. Travis Nolting|
|Principal||Mr. Monty Kirk|
|Faculty||25 certified teachers, 2 administrators, 3 certified non-teaching positions|
|Athletics conference||Southwestern Indiana Conference|
|Website||North Central High School|
- 1 Background
- 2 Harmony Electronic Gradebook
- 3 Athletics
- 4 School song
- 5 Statistics
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
North Central Jr/Sr high school is located south of Farmersburg, Indiana on US Highway 41. If you are looking for it, it can be found just across from the Brampton Brick factory and just south of the WTWO News Channel TWO station. The school celebrated its 50th year of service in 2007-08. It is currently the only high school and one of 4 schools in the Northeast school corporation of Sullivan County, IN.
North Central's mascot is the Thunderbirds, named for all the explosions that came from the old Thunderbird Mine, that operated nearby Farmersburg and Shelburn, Indiana at the time of the start of the school.
Harmony Electronic Gradebook
In the 2008-09 school year North Central began using a new electronic gradebook for all of the classes and parents can look at their children's grades online on the corporation's website by using a login and password sent the parents in the beginning of the seconds semester of classes and can check each classes assignments and look at the specific grades for the class. Teachers are being encouraged to keep the online grades up to date and starting in the fall of 2009 will be encouraged to put each nights homework assignments on the program so that the parents can see what the kids are supposed to be doing each night.
North Central is a Class A school with Indiana High School Athletic Association (IHSAA) membership. The school was formerly a member of the Tri-River Conference until it disbanded in 2010. The school's athletic programs now participate as a member of the Southwestern Indiana Conference.
|Boys Football||Coach Travis Nolting||Fall||42-21|
|Coed Cross Country||Jeff Ransford||Fall||Unknown|
|Boys Basketball||Mr. Pherson||Winter|
|Girls Basketball||Joey Davidson||Winter|
|Boys Golf||Aaron Greve||Spring||Unknown|
|Boys Baseball||Joe Kutch||Spring||3-8|
|Girls Softball||Erica Arnold||Spring||Unknown|
|Coed Track||Jamie Huff||Spring||Unknown|
North Centrals fight song is an edited-version of the Notre Dame fight song.
"North Central High Fight Song Lyrics"
Cheer, Cheer, for North Central High!
We'll never falter. We'll never die!
If you Thunderbirds Go, Fight, Win!
We'll have a victory in the end!
Ba Da Da!
Wave your banner carry them high!
We'll always fight for our green and white!
We'll back central all the way!
Fight for North Central High!
Thunderbirds, Thunderbirds, Fight, Fight, Fight!
Thunderbirds, Thunderbirds, Win Tonight!
These are some statistics of the school as off of the Indiana Department of Education website
- 2006-07 to 2007-08
- Farmersburg Elementary School 41 Pupils
- Shelburn Elementary School 28 Pupils
- Hymera Elementary School 17 Pupils
- Honey Creek Middle School 5 Pupils
- 96.7% White 502 Pupils
- 1.7% Multi-Racial 9 Pupils
- 0.8% Hispanic 4 Pupils
- 0.6% Native American 3 Pupils
- 0.2% Asian 1 Pupil
- 0.4% Black 2 Pupils
- Paid Lunch 52.2% 271 Pupils
- Reduced Lunch 14.8% 77 Pupils
- Free Lunch 32.9% 171 Pupils
- Preliminary Data 2007-08
- State Average 95.9%
- Total 95.1%
- Male 95.2%
- Female 95.0%
- Multi-Racial 95.2%
- White 95.2%
- 2008-09 Fall
- 7th Grade - 77 Pupils Tested,0% Pass Plus 0 Pupils, 49% Passed 38 Pupils, 51% Failed 39 Pupils
- 8th Grade - 100 Pupils Tested, 10% Pass Plus 10 Pupils, 53% Passed 53 Pupils, 36% Failed 36 Pupils, 1% Undetermined 1 Pupil
- 9th Grade - Not Tested In Fall Of 2008
- 10th Grade - 89 Pupils Tesed, 0% Pass Plus 0 Pupils, 62% Passed 55 Pupils, 36% Failed 32 Pupils, 2% Undetermined 2 Pupils 
- 7th Grade - 77 Pupils Tested, 10% Pass Plus 8 Pupils, 68% Passed 52 Pupils, 21% Failed 16 Pupils, 1% Undetermined 1 Pupil
- 8th Grade - 100 Pupils Tested, 12% Pass Plus 12 Pupils, 53% Passed 53 Pupils, 35% Failed 35 Pupils,
- 9th Grade - Not Tested In Fall Of 2008
- 10th Grade - 89 Pupils Tested, 2% Pass Plus 2 Pupils, 54% Passed 48 Pupils, 44% Failed 39 Pupils,
- 40% of Seniors Taking 
- Writing 473
- Mathematics 494
- Critical Reading 470
- Composite Score College-Bound Seniors(Verbal & Math) 964
- 87.5% of Pupils
- 63 Pupils
- 28.6% Honors Grads 18 Pupils
- 34.9% Core 40 Only 22 Pupils
- 36.5% Regular Grads 23 Pupils
- 73% Pursuing College Education 46 Pupils
- 2006-07 or 2007-08
- 7% Taking An Advanced Placement Test
- 10% Of Seniors Taking An ACT Exam
- 23.6 ACT Composite Score