North China Electric Power University
|Beijing Power Engineering and Electronics Institute
Beijing Institute of Electric Power
North China Institute of Electric Power
|Location||Beijing, People's Republic of China|
Beijing Changping campus
|Website||North China Electric Power University Official website|
North China Electric Power University (Chinese: 华北电力大学; pinyin: Huáběi Diànlì Dàxué) is a university based in Beijing, People's Republic of China under the national Ministry of Education that specializes in polytechnic disciplines.
North China Electric Power University (NCEPU) is affiliated with the Ministry of Education, officially listed as one of the Project 211 universities as well as a "Predominant Discipline Innovation Platform". At present, NCEPU is a key university jointly constructed by the Ministry of Education and the University Council, which is composed of State Grid Corporation of China, China Southern Power Grid Co., Ltd., China Huaneng Group, China Datang Corporation, China Huadian Corporation, China Guodian Corporation and China Power Investment Corporation. NCEPU is composed of two respective campuses in Beijing and in Baoding, with its main campus in Beijing.
The university was established as the Beijing Institute of Electric Power in 1958. It was later renamed the North China Institute of Electric Power when its location was moved to Baoding, Hebei province in 1970. When the school merged with the Beijing Power Engineering and Electronics Institute in 1995, it was given its present name. In 2006, the university relocated its main campus from Baoding, Hebei province back to Beijing. It still has the major campus in Baoding.
A close neighbor of Badaling highway, adjoining Olympic Green on the east and Zhongguancun high technology zone and Shangdi Information Industry base on the west, North China Electric Power University is located in Deshengmenwaizhuxinzhuang, Beijing. It is found in beautiful surroundings.
As one of the key universities in China with a history of more than 40 years, this university has been fostering talents in the areas of engineering technology, management, economics and the social sciences. There are more than 8500 students with over 600 graduate students and doctor students.
It has the following departments:
- Department of Mathematical and Physics Science
- Department of Electric Power Engineering
- Department of Thermal Power Engineering
- Department of Information Engineering
- Department of Automation
- Department of Computer Science and Technology
- Department of Economics and Trade
- Department of Finance and Accounting
- Department of Law and Politics and the Department of Foreign Languages
It has the following Schools:
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering School
- Energy & Power Engineering School
- Renewable Energy School
- Nuclear Science & Engineering School
- Economics and Management School
- Computer Science & Technology School
- Control Science & Engineering School
- Environment Engineering & Science School
- Human & Social Science School
- Mathematical & Physical Science School
- Foreign Language School
- Science & Technology School
There is one center for post-doctoral studies . The university offers one post-doctoral project program, 7 doctoral programs, 17 master’s degree programs and 24 bachelor’s degree programs. It has been authorized to admit overseas students. Covering a floor space of 11 thousand square meters, the library has a collection of over a one million volumes.
There are five key ministerial subjects, namely power system and its automation, power plant thermal power engineering, theoretical electric engineering, industrial automation and technological economics. Meanwhile, there are three key ministerial laboratories called Power System Intelligence Protection and Control, Industrial Process Simulation and Control, State Monitoring and Fault Diagnosis in Electric Device.
Most of the teachers, half of whom are professors and associate professors, have got degrees of post-doctor, doctor and master respectively. One of the first members of Chinese Academy of Engineering, Professor Yang Qixun is the founder of the field of power system micro-computer protection and automation in China. Professor Yang Yihan and Song Zhiping are prominent supervisors for doctoral candidates in the field of electric power. The university has set up cooperative relations with universities and institutes in more than 20 countries and regions such as Britain, America, France, Japanese and Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan.
Key Laboratories under the Ministry of Education
- Laboratory of Power System Protection and Dynamic Security Monitoring
- Laboratory of State Monitoring and Control of Power Plant Equipment
Key Laboratories at the Provincial and Ministerial Level
- Laboratory of Industrial Process Simulation and Control
- Laboratory of Power System Intelligent Protection and Control
- Laboratory of State Monitoring and Fault Diagnosis of Thermal Power Equipment
- Laboratory of Analysis and Testing of Electromagnetic Fields and Electromagnetic Compatibility
- Laboratory of High Voltage and Electromagnetic Compatibility
- Laboratory of Energy Security and Clean Utilization
Power Engineering laboratory
Key Disciplines at the National Level
- Electric Power Systems and Automation
- Engineering Thermophysics
Key Disciplines at the Provincial (Ministerial) Level
- Thermal Power Engineering
- Electrical Engineering Theory and New Technology
- Control Theory and Control Engineering
- Technical Economics and Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Mechanical Design and Theory
- Computer Application
- Management Science and Engineering
- High Voltage and Insulation Technology
- Power Machinery and Engineering