North Circular Road, Dublin
Gill's Pub, located where North Circular Road meets Russell Street
|Length||5.6 km (3.5 mi)|
The North Circular Road (Irish: An Cuarbhóthar Thuaidh) - designated as R101 regional road - is an important thoroughfare on the northside of Dublin, in Ireland. The regional road was long considered the northern boundary of the city and still separates the city centre from the inner suburbs. It runs from the Phoenix Park in the west through Phibsboro, to North Wall in the east. A number of important institutions are located along the road, including the Mater Hospital, Dalymount Park and Mountjoy Prison, and both Croke Park and St. Brendan's Hospital are nearby.
The R101 and the NCR overlap for most of their lengths, and the entire NCR forms a section of the R101. In the west the R101 connects the NCR to Parkgate Street via the short Infirmary Road ; at the eastern end the R101 becomes Portland Row after the junction with Summerhill. It continues the northern loop through Saville Place , then turning east for its final kilometre via Sheriff Street (Upper) before terminating at North Wall Road (the R131).
The official description of the R101 from the Roads Act 1993 (Classification of Regional Roads) Order 2012  reads:
- R101: North Circular Road, Dublin
- Between its junction with R109 at Parkgate Street and its junction with R147 at Dalymount via Infirmary Road and North Circular Road all in the city of Dublin
between its junction with R135 at Berkeley Road and its junction with R131 at East Wall Road via North Circular Road, Portland Row, Seville Place, Sheriff Street Lower and Sheriff Street Upper all in the city of Dublin.
- Roads in Ireland
- National primary road
- National secondary road
- Regional road
- List of streets and squares in Dublin
- Bardon, Carol and Jonathan (1988). If Ever You Go to Dublin Town. Belfast: The Blackstaff Press. p. 71. ISBN 0-85640-397-0.
- Statutory Instrument 54 of 2012 — Roads Act 1993 (Classification of Regional Roads) Order 2012, Irish Statute Book (irishstatutebook.ie). Retrieved 2017-02-02.