North Cobb High School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|North Cobb High School|
3400 State Highway 293 North
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Cobb County School District|
|Teaching staff||143.10 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||19.96|
|Website||North Cobb High School|
North Cobb High School is a public high school located north of Atlanta in Kennesaw, Georgia, United States. It serves approximately 2900 students in the Cobb County School District, in grades 9-12. The school mascot is the warrior and the school colors are navy blue and orange. North Cobb is the second largest school in the district.
In 2016, North Cobb was named an International Skills Diploma School by the Georgia Department of Education. An on-campus preschool provides field experience for students interested in pursuing early childhood education. North Cobb offers Advanced Placement programs such as AP Human Geography, AP Language, AP United States History, AP Chemistry, AP Biology, AP European History,AP Seminar, AP World History, AP United States Government and AP Environmental Science.
The demographic breakdown of the 2,634 students enrolled for the school year 2012-2013 was:
- Male - 50.5%
- Female - 49.5%
- Native American/Alaskan - 0.3%
- Asian/Pacific Islander - 4.8%
- Black - 34.4%
- Hispanic - 14.4%
- White - 42.7%
- Multiracial - 3.4%
North Cobb High School hosts a Naval JROTC unit. This is actually a "joint unit" made up of cadets from both North Cobb and Harrison high schools; its official name is the North Cobb/Harrison NJROTC unit.
- Josh Butler - music producer; Grammy nominee for album of the year award in 2001 and 2004
- Ron Lester - actor
- Ayman Mohyeldin - journalist; among Time's 100 Most Influential People 2011
- Lee Moore - professional basketball player
- Larry Nelson - professional golfer, winner of multiple national and international tournaments
- Eric Norwood - Consensus All-American linebacker at the University of South Carolina, drafted in the NFL by the Carolina Panthers (2010 NFL Draft)
- Sean O'Pry - supermodel
- Robert Lee Ross, Jr. - United States Army Ranger and professional wrestler
- Darren Waller - professional football player for the Oakland Raiders
- "North Cobb High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved January 23, 2019.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for North Cobb High School". ed.gov. Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- "International Skills Diploma Seal". Georgia Department of Education. Retrieved 13 April 2016.