North County Trailway
|North County Trailway|
|Length||22.1 mi (35.6 km)|
|Trailheads||Baldwin Place, New York
Elmsford, New York
|Website||Westchester County Parks|
The North County Trailway was constructed along the Putnam Division railbed of the former New York Central Railroad ("Old Put"). At its north end it becomes the Putnam County Trailway, which continues along the former railbed to Brewster, New York.
The Putnam Division provided freight and passenger service from 1881 to 1958 between the Bronx and Putnam County. The railroad served 23 stations in Westchester County. Historic marker plaques have been placed at most of the former stations.
- "Completion of Trailway". Westchester Gov news. August 16, 2012.
- Valenti, Ken (August 28, 2012). "Bike trails' last gap between Bronx and Putnam to be filled". LoHud.
- "Activities: Hiking and Biking". Westchester County Parks Department.
- "North County Trailway Brochure" (PDF). Westchester County Parks Department.
- "North County Trailway Trail Route". RutlandTrail.org.
|This article about a location in Westchester County, New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States trail or long-distance path–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|