North East London NHS Foundation Trust
|North East London NHS Foundation Trust|
|Headquarters||CEME Centre, Rainham, London, England|
|Type||NHS hospital trust|
|Chief executive||John Brouder|
|Number of employees||circa. 6000|
North East London NHS Foundation Trust is a mental health and community service operated by NHS Foundation Trust. It runs Foxglove Ward, Goodmayes Hospital and Sunflowers Court in Ilford, Phoenix House in Basildon, Heronwood & Galleon Inpatient Facility in Wanstead, Grays Court Community Hospital in Dagenham, and Hawkwell Court in Chingford. Altogether it operates from more than 150 sites.
In April 2014 Staff at Hawkwell Court in Colvin Gardens, Chingford planned to shut the facility, which offers long-term stay for older patients suffering from mental health problems and learning disabilities, down. It was saved from closure a decade ago after relatives of service users and Chingford MP Iain Duncan Smith intervened.
In April 2014 as part of the redevelopment of Goodmayes Hospital it closed and proposed to demolish the Goodmayes Hospital Staff Social Club, provoking a protest from Mr Fin Robinson. He was supposed to hand the keys back but said he will remain inside, with the doors chained shut, "until they do the right thing".
The first Hospital Radio on the site was founded in 1977 and named Goodmayes Hospitals radio Association with studios located within the original Goodmayes Hospital building. In 2004 the station's on-air name is 'The Jumbo Sound'.. In April 2016, Goodmayes Hospital Radio Assocstion voted to merge with Bedrock Hospital Radio, following financial difficulties following  caused by a failed radiator.
The trust NELFT took over children and young people’s specialist and targeted mental health services in Kent in 2017. In May 2018 there were 3,869 young people in Kent waiting for treatment. 144 had been waiting more than a year, with 19 more in Medway. 1,481 had been waiting for more than 18 weeks for treatment to start.
- "Hawkwell Court in Chingford is to close as staff are not equipped to deal with patients' growing needs despite good standards in latest inspection". Chingford Guardian. 22 April 2014. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- "Manager of Goodmayes Hospital social club locks himself inside to protest against its closure". Ilford Recorder. 1 May 2014. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- "Bedrock Radio". Bedrock.
- "History of Bedrock Radio". Bedrock.
- "water damage Radio". Bedrock.
- "Harm assessments after 160 children wait more than a year for mental health treatment". Health Service Journal. 13 June 2018. Retrieved 31 August 2018.