North Georgetown, Ohio
North Georgetown is an unincorporated community in western Knox Township, Columbiana County, Ohio, United States. Although unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 44665. The town itself is located at the intersection of Georgetown Road (County Hwy 400) and Rochester Road (County Hwy 402).
North Georgetown was laid out in 1830. The community derives its name from George Stidger, an original owner of the town site. A post office called North Georgetown has been in operation since 1833.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: North Georgetown
- Zip Code Lookup
- McCord, William B. (1905). History of Columbiana County, Ohio and Representative Citizens. Biographical Publishing Company. p. 284.
- Mack, Horace (1879). History of Columbiana County, Ohio: With Illustrations and Biographical Sketches of Some of Its Prominent Men and Pioneers. Unigraphic. p. 171.
- Overman, William Daniel (1958). Ohio Town Names. Akron, OH: Atlantic Press. p. 101.
- "Columbiana County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 10 January 2016.
|This Columbiana County, Ohio state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|