North Herefordshire (UK Parliament constituency)
for the House of Commons
Boundary of North Herefordshire in Herefordshire.
Location of Herefordshire within England.
|Electorate||66,711 (December 2010)|
|Major settlements||Bromyard, Kington, Ledbury and Leominster|
|Member of parliament||Bill Wiggin (Conservative)|
|Number of members||One|
|European Parliament constituency||West Midlands|
Parliament accepted the Boundary Commission's Fifth Periodic Review of Westminster constituencies which slightly altered this constituency for the 2010 general election to exclude those areas of the former county of Hereford and Worcester which are now in Worcestershire. This meant North Herefordshire being at its core a successor to Leominster constituency. The remainder of the county is covered by the Hereford and South Herefordshire seat.
- Backbury, Bircher, Bringsty, Bromyard, Burghill, Holmer and Lyde, Castle, Credenhill, Frome, Golden Cross with Weobley, Hagley, Hampton Court, Hope End, Kington Town, Ledbury, Leominster North, Leominster South, Mortimer, Old Gore, Pembridge and Lyonshall with Titley, Sutton Walls, Upton, Wormsley Ridge.
The seat has a substantially self-sufficient population, covered by civil parishes and with low rates of unemployment and social housing in each ward, with income levels concentrated towards the average in Britain.
Members of Parliament
|2010||constituency replaced Leominster|
Elections in the 2010s
|Liberal Democrat||Jeanie Falconer||5,768||12.0||-19.0|
|Liberal Democrat||Lucy Hurds||14,744||31.0||+6.9|
- * Served as an MP in the 2005–2010 Parliament
Notes and references
- "Electorate Figures – Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Final recommendations for Parliamentary constituencies in the county of Herefordshire". Boundary Commission for England. 7 January 2004. Retrieved 5 May 2010.[dead link]
- Fifth periodical report – Volume 4 Mapping for the Non-Metropolitan Counties and the Unitary Authorities, The Stationery Office, 26 February 2007, ISBN 0-10-170322-8
- Unemployment claimants by constituency The Guardian
- 2001 Census
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "H" (part 2)[self-published source][better source needed]
- "Election Data 2015". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Election Data 2010". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 26 July 2013. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Six candidates to stand in North Herefordshire parliamentary election". Herefordshire Council. 21 April 2010. Retrieved 5 May 2010.