North Herefordshire (UK Parliament constituency)
for the House of Commons
|Electorate||66,711 (December 2010)|
|Major settlements||Bromyard, Kington, Ledbury and Leominster|
|Member of Parliament||Bill Wiggin (Conservative)|
|Number of members||One|
Members of Parliament
|2010||constituency replaced Leominster|
The seat has a substantially self-sufficient population, covered by civil parishes and with low rates of unemployment and social housing in each ward, with income levels concentrated towards the average in Britain.
- Backbury, Bircher, Bringsty, Bromyard, Burghill, Holmer and Lyde, Castle, Credenhill, Frome, Golden Cross with Weobley, Hagley, Hampton Court, Hope End, Kington Town, Ledbury, Leominster North, Leominster South, Mortimer, Old Gore, Pembridge and Lyonshall with Titley, Sutton Walls, Upton, Wormsley Ridge.
Parliament accepted the Boundary Commission's Fifth Periodic Review of Westminster constituencies which slightly altered this constituency for the 2010 general election to exclude those areas of the former county of Hereford and Worcester which are now in Worcestershire. This meant North Herefordshire being at its core a successor to Leominster constituency. The remainder of the county is covered by the Hereford and South Herefordshire seat.
Elections in the 2010s
|Liberal Democrats||Phillip Howells||7,302||14.3||2.6|
|Liberal Democrats||Jeanie Falconer||5,874||11.7||0.3|
|Liberal Democrats||Jeanie Falconer||5,768||12.0||19.0|
|Liberal Democrats||Lucy Hurds||14,744||31.0||6.9|
- "Electorate Figures – Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Archived from the original on 6 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "H" (part 2)
- Unemployment claimants by constituency The Guardian
- "Local statistics - Office for National Statistics". www.ons.gov.uk.
- Fifth periodical report – Volume 4 Mapping for the Non-Metropolitan Counties and the Unitary Authorities, The Stationery Office, 26 February 2007, ISBN 978-0-10-170322-2
- "Final recommendations for Parliamentary constituencies in the county of Herefordshire". Boundary Commission for England. 7 January 2004. Archived from the original on 2 November 2009. Retrieved 5 May 2010.
- "Herefordshire North Parliamentary constituency". BBC News. BBC. Retrieved 13 December 2019.
- "2017 general election candidates for Herefordshire confirmed". Worcester News. 11 May 2017. Retrieved 12 May 2017.
- "Election Data 2015". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Herefordshire North parliamentary constituency - Election 2017" – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- "Election Data 2010". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 26 July 2013. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Six candidates to stand in North Herefordshire parliamentary election". Herefordshire Council. 21 April 2010. Archived from the original on 9 June 2011. Retrieved 5 May 2010.