North Highland College
|Affiliations||University of the Highlands and Islands,|
North Highland College provides further education and higher education in the north of Scotland through a network of learning centres and by distance learning. It is a constituent college of the University of the Highlands and Islands.
The College opened in 1959 and became an independent entity in 1993.
Centre for Energy and Environment
The Centre for Energy and Environment building was designed by HRI Architects and completed in January 2011. It received a rating of excellent by BREEAM. and was awarded "best new building in the north region" at the Highlands and Islands Design Awards in 2012.
Rural studies centre
The college has been offering equestrian courses since 1990. In September 2012 it has used a converted farm that combines stabling, classrooms and a purpose-built indoor arena. Dale Farm is a facility that is situated approximately six miles from the main campus in Thurso. The college also offers a gamekeeping and wildlife management course.
Environmental Research Institute
Environmental Research Institute (ERI) is a centre for environmental research 
Centre for History
The principal, Mr Donald MacBeath, took up the post in June 2014.
- "About us". North Highland College UHI. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- "Facts 2014" (PDF). University of the Highlands and Islands. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- "College centres". North Highland College UHI. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- "HRI Architects Ltd: Centre for Energy and the Environment". Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland. Retrieved 23 January 2015.
- "Education: Centre for Energy and the Environment, Thurso, UK". BREEAM. Retrieved 23 January 2015.
- Clark, Will (10 August 2012). "College wins top design award". John O’Groat Journal. Retrieved 23 January 2015.
- Scott, Melanie (17 June 2013). "All change at Dale Farm". Scottish Horse. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- Miller, David (10 January 2013). "New gamekeepers in strong demand". BBC News.
- "About us - History". Environmental Research Institute (ERI). Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- "About us". Centre for History. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- "North Highland College UHI's Principal takes up post". North Highland College UHI. 26 June 2014. Retrieved 6 July 2014.