|• Total||15 km2 (6 sq mi)|
|Elevation||101 m (331 ft)|
|• Density||7,000/km2 (18,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
North Lakhimpur (Pron:lækɪmˈpʊə) is a city in India and a municipal board in Lakhimpur district in the northeast India state Assam, about 394 kilometres (245 mi) north-east of Guwahati. It is the district headquarters of Lakhimpur district.
North Lakhimpur is also the name of the sub-division of Lakhimpur district where North lakhimpur town is located.
It is situated at 27° 13' 60 N and 94° 7' 0 E
Main Areas: Town Bantow Khelmati NT Road DK Road KB Road Nakari
As of 2001[update] India census, North Lakhimpur had a population of 54,262. Based on population, it is classified as a class-II city (between 50,000 and 99,999 inhabitants). According to the 2011 census, it has a population of 1,05,376.
Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. North Lakhimpur has an average literacy rate of 89%, higher than the national average of 65%: male literacy is 90%, and female literacy is 87%. In North Lakhimpur, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Literature and Social Activist
North Lakhimpur is a very important town in terms of transport and communication, which is considered to be the 'Gateway to Arunachal'. It is well connected by air, road and railway. Lilabari Airport is located 7 km. away from the city. The railway station is located in Nakari. North Lakhimpur is best connected by bus. Volvo, ac, non-ac buses are available from both public and private bus stands.
list of schools in North Lakhimpur:
- North Lakhimpur College
- Lakhimpur Girls' College
- Lakhimpur Commerce College
- Lakhimpur Law College
- North Lakhimpur Govt Boys' Higher Secondary School
- North Lakhimpur Govt Girls' Higher Secondary School
- Brahmaputra Valley Academy
- Genius Academy
- John Firth Christian English High School
- BBCM Shankardev Bidya Niketan
- Sangam Academy
- St.Mary's High School
- Ghilamara Town HS School
- Lohit Dikrong High school
- Brookfield School, KB Road
- Uddhab Bharali, internationally acclaimed innovator
- Raaj J Konwar, Bollywood singer
- Jibon Ch Bora Director of Assmiese (F)
- India Post. "Pincode search - North Lakhimpur". Retrieved 2008-07-28.
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. "STD Codes for cities in Assam". Retrieved 2008-07-28.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "North Lakhimpur, India Page". Retrieved 11-07-2008.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Census of India. "Alphabetical list of towns and their population - Assam" (pdf). Retrieved 2008-05-21.