|• Body||North Lakhimpur Municipality Board|
|• Total||15 km2 (6 sq mi)|
|Elevation||101 m (331 ft)|
|• Density||4,000/km2 (10,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-AS|
North Lakhimpur (Pron:lækɪmˈpʊə) is a city in India and a municipal board in Lakhimpur district in the northeast India state Assam, about 394 kilometres (245 mi) north-east of Guwahati. It is the district headquarters of Lakhimpur district.
North Lakhimpur is also the name of the sub-division of Lakhimpur district where North lakhimpur town is located.
It is situated at 27° 13' 60 N and 94° 7' 0 E
Main Areas: Town Bantow, Chetia para, Khelmati, NT Road, DK Road, KB Road, CD Road, Nakari and Moidomia.
As of 2001[update] India census, North Lakhimpur had a population of 54,262. Based on population, it is classified as a class-II city (between 50,000 and 99,999 inhabitants). According to the 2011 census, it has a population of 1,05,376.
Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. North Lakhimpur has an average literacy rate of 89%, higher than the national average of 65%: male literacy is 90%, and female literacy is 87%. In North Lakhimpur, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Literature and Social Activist
North Lakhimpur is a very important town in terms of transport and communication, which is considered to be the 'Gateway to Arunachal'. It is well connected by air, road and railway. Lilabari Airport is located 7 km. away from the city. The railway station is located in Nakari. North Lakhimpur is well connected by bus. AC, non-AC buses are available from both Assam State Transport Corporation and private bus stands.
Lakhimpur has an All India Radio Relay station known as Akashvani Lakhimpur. It broadcasts on FM frequencies.
- Lakhimpur College of Veterinary Science
- North Lakhimpur College
- Lakhimpur Girls' College
- Lakhimpur Commerce College
- Lakhimpur Law College
- Genius Academy
- Dhakuakhana College
- North Bank College
- Rev Williams Junior College, DC Banglow Road
- Kendriya Vidyalaya
- Brookfield School
- North Lakhimpur Govt Boys' Higher Secondary School
- Lakhimpur Academy HS school
- North Lakhimpur Govt Girls' Higher Secondary School
- Brahmaputra Valley Academy
- Genius Academy
- John Firth Christian English High School
- BBCM Shankardev Bidya Niketan
- Sangam Academy
- St. Mary's High School
- Ghilamara Town HS School
- Lohit Dikrong High school
- Brookfield School, KB Road
- Valley View School
- Asian Public school
- Don Bosco School
- Dhakuakhana H.S
- Panindra Vidyalaya
- Ghilamara public high School
- Ghilamara town High School
- Kantakhanikar girls high School, Ghilamara
- Nanda Kishore Maheshwari, Film maker, Writer, Director, Actor, Designer and an Eminent Social Worker
- Uddhab Bharali, Innovator
- Raaj J Konwar, Bollywood singer
- Jibon Ch Bora, Assamese film director
- Padmanath Gohain Boruah, Freedom Fighter
- "Census of India Search details". censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- India Post. "Pincode search - North Lakhimpur". Retrieved 2008-07-28.
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. "STD Codes for cities in Assam". Retrieved 2008-07-28.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "North Lakhimpur, India Page". Retrieved 11-07-2008. Check date values in:
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Census of India. "Alphabetical list of towns and their population - Assam" (pdf). Retrieved 2008-05-21.