North Lamar Independent School District
The district serves northern portions of Paris, the cities of Reno and Sun Valley, as well as the communities of Arthur City, Chicota, Powderly, and Sumner in northern Lamar County. A very small portion of northeastern Fannin County also lies within the district. North Lamar is also the largest 4A school district in northeast Texas.
- Superintendent - John McCullough
- Assistant Superintendent - Shelley McDowell
- North Lamar High School Principal - Clint Hildreth
- Frank Stone Middle School Principal - Kelli Stewart
- Geneva Bailey Intermediate School Principal - Angela Compton
- Aaron Parker Elementary School Principal - Tammy Bates
- Cecil Everett Elementary School Principal - Carey Malone
- W. L. Higgins Elementary School Principal - Claudia Pursifull
Board of trustees
- President- Paul Drake
- Vice President- Tim Stone
- Secretary- Amy Stephens
- Member- Kyle Coston
- Member- Kristi Trammell
- Member- Dr. Janice Gibbons
- Member- Stephen Holmes
North Lamar ISD has six schools - five are located in Paris and one (Parker Elementary) is located in Powderly.
- North Lamar High School- Grades 9-12
Enrollment is approximately 1,000
- Frank Stone Middle School- Grades 6-8
Enrollment is approximately 800
- Bailey Intermediate School- Grades 4 and 5
- Everett Elementary School- Grades 2 & 3
Everett serves children in grades 2 and 3 from the southern section of the district.
- Higgins Elementary School- Grades PK-1, Phone (903)737-2081, Fax (903)669-0189
- Parker Elementary School- Grades PK-5, Phone (903)732-3066, Fax (903)669-0139
(to the tune of Love me Tender)
We will raise our voice in song
To our Alma Mater true
Our hearts are filled with loyalty
To our colors-Gold and Blue
North Lamar, North Lamar
We're proud to claim your name
And as years go by you'll grow
In Honor and in fame.
The history of North Lamar goes back to the 68 rural school districts that once existed throughout the communities in the northern half of Lamar County. Upon the consolidation Powderly-Reno and Central school districts in 1970-71, the district became known as North Lamar Independent School District. In 1975, the Chicota schools joined the district. The area economy includes manufacturing, farming and ranching. With an enrollment of approximately 3,150 students, North Lamar ISD has one high school, one middle school, and four elementary schools to serve the students in the district.
- Marsha Farney, former faculty member at North Lamar; Republican member of the Texas House of Representatives from District 20 in Williamson County