North Olmsted High School
|North Olmsted High School|
|5755 Burns Road
North Olmsted, Ohio, (Cuyahoga County) 44070
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|School district||North Olmsted City Schools|
|Superintendent||Michael E. Zalar|
|Principal||Jeffrey Stanton |
|• Grade 9||352|
|• Grade 10||377|
|• Grade 11||502|
|• Grade 12||425|
|Color(s)||Orange and Black |
|Fight song||On Wisconsin (On Wis)|
|Athletics conference||Southwestern Conference|
|Sports||Football, Soccer, Wrestling, Hockey, Volleyball, Cross Country, Track and Field, Basketball, Tennis, Baseball, Softball, Swimming/Diving, Golf, Gymnastics|
|Rival||Olmsted Falls High School|
|Athletic Director||Michael Ptacek|
Awards and report card
The School District passed a levy on February 6, 2007, the fifth attempt after four previous failures. 4,077 votes were cast for the levy and 3,383 votes were cast against the levy.
Despite levy problems, North Olmsted High School continues to be awarded "Excellent" status on its school report card meeting 12 out of 12 state indicators for the 2006-2007 school year, as well as 2005-2006, 2004–2005, and 2003-2004. In 2008, the school earned "Excellent with Distinction" Status for the 2008-2009 school year.
- Boys' soccer: 1977, 1985, 1996, 1999
On September 16, 1990, two juveniles broke into the school and vandalized it, leaving a burning cigarette near an overturned oil lamp, leading to a fire that caused over $3 million in damage to the building. As a result of the fire, classes were temporarily relocated to the I-X Center, an exhibition center in nearby Cleveland.
- Tony Gardner, Designer and Special Effects Makeup Artist
- Thom Hatch, author and historian
- Jennifer Lyn Jackson, Playboy playmate
- Scott Medvin, Former MLB player (Pittsburgh Pirates, Seattle Mariners)
- Daniel S. Papp, Kennesaw State University President
- Adam Russell, Pitcher for the Tampa Bay Rays MLB
- Matt Rotheram, Professional football player Green Bay Packers NFL
- Superintendent's Message
- Principal's Message
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Archived from the original on November 4, 2010. Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2009-06-07.
- Nationwide Mutual Fire Insurance Company, et al. v. Sonitrol, Inc. of Cleveland, 672 N.E.2d 687 (Ohio App. 8 Dist. 1996).
- "N. Olm Schools: I-X Center will serve as substitute school". The Plain Dealer. Cleveland, Ohio. 27 September 1990. p. B1.