North Park, Chicago
|Community Area 13 - North Park|
Location within the city of Chicago
|• Total||2.07 sq mi (5.36 km2)|
|• Density||8,700/sq mi (3,300/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP Codes||parts of 60625, 60646, 60659|
|Median household income||$53,305|
|Source: U.S. Census, Record Information Services|
North Park is one of 77 well-defined community areas of the City of Chicago. It is bordered by the North Shore Channel on the east, the Chicago River's North Branch and Foster Avenue on the south, Cicero Avenue on the west (except for the section in the northwest corner, north of Bryn Mawr Avenue, which is part of the Sauganash neighborhood) and Devon Avenue on the north.
Originally a Swedish community and later a stronghold of Orthodox Jews, it more recently has been adopted by newer American immigrants, from Latinos[who?] to Middle Easterners[who?], Koreans and Central Europeans (Poles). It is part of the 60625 and 60659 zip codes.
The Good Counsel Province of the Polish Felician Sisters is headquartered in this neighborhood, as is Chicago's PBS station, WTTW, in the Chicago Production Center. Two universities – North Park University and Northeastern Illinois University – and a Yeshiva make for concentrated educational resources. The closest stop is the Kimball station on the Brown Line.
North Park is in Jefferson Township, which was annexed into Chicago in 1889.
The Korean-American Chamber of Commerce is located at 5601 North Spaulding Avenue.
The education section of the Consulate-General of the People's Republic of China in Chicago is located at 3322 West Peterson Avenue, away from the rest of the consulate.
- Mary G Peterson Elementary School
- Hannah G Solomon Elementary School
- Albany Park Multicultural Academy
- St Bernadette School
- Cheder Lubavitch Hebrew Day School
- Joan Dachs Bais Yaakov
- St Philip Evangelical Lutheran Church and School
- North Park University
- North Park Theological Seminary
- Northeastern Illinois University
- Telshe Yeshiva
- Paral, Rob. "Chicago Demographics Data". Retrieved 6 June 2012.
- Paral, Rob. "Chicago Census Data". Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Chicago". SkyTeam. Retrieved January 31, 2009.
- "Education Section's Map". Consulate-General of the People's Republic of China in Chicago. Retrieved January 31, 2009.
- "Contacts". Consulate-General of the People's Republic of China in Chicago. Retrieved January 31, 2009.
||Lincolnwood, Illinois||West Ridge, Chicago|
|Forest Glen, Chicago|
|Albany Park, Chicago||Lincoln Square, Chicago|