North Paulding High School
|North Paulding High School|
|300 North Paulding Drive
Dallas, Georgia 30132
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Paulding County|
|Principal||Dr. Sawyer Strickland|
|Grades||9 to 12|
|Color(s)||Navy and silver|
North Paulding High School is a public high school located in Dallas, Georgia, United States. The school was built due to overcrowding in Paulding County. Paulding was listed as the eighth fastest growing county in the nation from 2000 to 2009, with a population growth from 81613 residents in 2000 to 136,655 in 2009. North Paulding was projected to open in 2008, but due to over-crowding in the nearby East Paulding High School, it opened a year early. In the school's first year, North Paulding only taught freshmen and had to use Sammy McClure Middle School as its teaching facility until the actual high school building opened in 2008. The school graduated its first senior class in 2011. Two other schools share a campus with North Paulding: Sammy McClure Middle School and Burnt Hickory Elementary School.
North Paulding High teaches grades 9-12. The school teaches on a hybrid block schedule, meaning the students can take a mix of semester classes and traditional year-long classes. Many programs are offered in college prep and tech prep areas, including Business Education, Marketing Education, Construction Education, Automotive Technology Education, Engineering, Drafting and Design, Culinary Arts, Public Safety, Healthcare Science, and Cosmetology.
Just before the beginning of the 2011-2012 school year, the school secured a contract for an Army JROTC program. The students of the 2011-2012 school year were the first to take advantage of this program.
Extra-curricular activities and athletics
North Paulding offers many after-school clubs and organizations, as well as many athletic teams. Clubs include Chess, Chorus, Band, Beta, Drama, Foreign Language Club, FBLA, FCS, NHS, DECA, HOSA, FCCLA, Skills USA, and 4-H.
- Barker, Christopher. "Paulding 8th fastest-growing U.S. county." Times-Georgian (2010): n. pag. Web. 14 September 2010. <http://www.times-georgian.com/view/full_story/7062903/article-Paulding-8th-fastest-growing-U-S--county?instance=west_ga_news>. (Barker)
- "North Paulding High School "About"." North Paulding High School. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 September 2010. <http://schools.paulding.k12.ga.us/ischooldistrict/about.php?school_ID=40&district_ID=2>. ("North Paulding High School")
- "North Paulding High School "About"." North Paulding High School. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 September 2010.<http://schools.paulding.k12.ga.us/ischooldistrict/about.php?school_ID=40&district_ID=2>. ("North Paulding High School")
- "North Paulding High School Football Home." MaxReps@CBSSports.com (2010): n. pag. Web. 14 September 2010. <http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/VF-tZH4LfU-IaBhIB-Bv4w/north-paulding-wolfpack/football/home.htm>. ("MaxReps@CBSSports.com")
- Carvell, Michael (2010). "AJC Super 11 candidate: North Paulding WR Chris Conley". Atlanta Journal Constitution.