North Salt Lake, Utah
|Named for||Great Salt Lake|
|• Total||8.51 sq mi (22.04 km2)|
|• Land||8.47 sq mi (21.93 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.12 km2)|
|Elevation||4,337 ft (1,322 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||2,474.37/sq mi (955.33/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (Mountain (MST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-6 (MDT)|
|Area code||385, 801|
|GNIS feature ID||1443971|
North Salt Lake is a city in Davis County, Utah, United States. It is part of the Ogden–Clearfield, Utah Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 16,322 at the 2010 census, which had risen to an estimated 20,948 as of 2019.
The city is often casually known as North Salt Lake City as it shares a municipal boundary with Salt Lake City to the south, though the city's actual corporate name is "The City of North Salt Lake". The error also has been solidified with the Federal Communications Commission, which has radio station KALL (700) officially licensed to "North Salt Lake City", though for all intents and purposes that station serves the Salt Lake City market in general.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
According to estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau, as of 2016, there were 20,301 people in North Salt Lake. The racial makeup of the county was 75.4% non-Hispanic White, 0.3% Black, 0.8% Native American, 3.1% Asian, and 5.0% from two or more races. 13.5% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
North Salt Lake is located in southern Davis County; it is bordered to the north by Woods Cross, to the northeast by Bountiful, and to the south by Salt Lake City in Salt Lake County. According to the United States Census Bureau, North Salt Lake has a total area of 8.6 square miles (22.2 km2), of which 0.1 square miles (0.2 km2), or 0.80%, is water.
- "2019 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved August 7, 2020.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: North Salt Lake, Utah
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". United States Census Bureau. May 24, 2020. Retrieved May 27, 2020.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved January 31, 2008.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): North Salt Lake city, Utah". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on February 13, 2020. Retrieved January 11, 2016.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved May 21, 2020.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "U.S. Census Bureau QuickFacts". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved May 3, 2018.