North Shore Railroad System
This article does not cite any sources. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Juniata Valley Railroad (JVRR)*
- Lycoming Valley Railroad (LVRR)*
- Nittany and Bald Eagle Railroad (NBER)*
- North Shore Railroad (NSHR)*
- Shamokin Valley Railroad (SVRR)*
- Union County Industrial Railroad (UCIR)
The first five railroads (those marked with an asterisk) are owned by SEDA-COG JRA (Susquehanna Economic Development Association - Council of Governments Joint Rail Authority) and operated under contract by Robey Railroads, a private company. Robey Railroads also operates another railroad (UCIR). As of 2006, there are plans by Robey to consolidate these seven lines as the Susquehanna Railroad Corporation, a non-operating holding company.
The corporate offices are located in Northumberland, Pennsylvania. There are connections to the Norfolk Southern Railway line at Lewistown, as well as an indirect connection to Canadian Pacific Railway service.
- North Shore Railroad
- Pennsylvania Department of Transportation 2004 Railroad Map of Pennsylvania (shows owners and operators)
- SEDA-COG Joint Rail Authority
- Robey Railroads article
|This United States railway company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|