North Tamborine, Queensland
View from The Knoll
|LGA(s)||Scenic Rim Region|
|State electorate(s)||Scenic Rim|
A tourist road to the mountain was completed in 1924. The road brought visitors to the area and the North Tamborine village became the centre for social and business activities. North Tamborine Post Office opened by 1922.
A section of Tamborine National Park known as The Knoll protects forests found in the north of the suburb.
North Tamborine has a number of heritage-listed sites, including:
- "North Tambourine - town (entry 24723)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- Queensland Environmental Protection Agency (2000). Heritage Trails of the Great South East. State of Queensland. p. 14. ISBN 0-7345-1008-X.
- Premier Postal History. "Post Office List". Premier Postal Auctions. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- "Eagle Heights". Queensland Places. Centre for the Government of Queensland, University of Queensland. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- "Tamborine Mountain Road/Geissmann Drive (entry 602365)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
Media related to North Tamborine, Queensland at Wikimedia Commons