North Toowoomba, Queensland
The Downs Co-operative Dairy Association Limited Factory, 2014
|Population||2,953 (2016 census)|
|• Density||1,480/km2 (3,820/sq mi)|
|Area||2.0 km2 (0.8 sq mi)|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC+10:00)|
|Location||2 km (1 mi) N of Toowoomba|
|State electorate(s)||Toowoomba North|
North Toowoomba is located directly north of the Toowoomba city centre.
Toowoomba North Boys State School and Toowoomba North Girls and Infants State School both opened in 1869. In 1937 the two schools were combined to form Toowoomba North State School. However, despite the name, the school is officially within Toowoomba City rather than in North Toowoomba.
St Thomas' Anglican Church was dedicated on 21 December 1920 by Archdeacon Osborn. The church building had been relocated from Ruthven Street near the railway line where it was no longer needed to 2 Allan Street (corner of Jellicoe Street , The church's closure on 3 February 2008 was approved by Assistant Bishop Nolan. It has been converted into a private home.).
There are a number of heritage-listed sites in North Toowoomba, including:
- 57 Brook Street: The Downs Co-operative Dairy Association Limited Factory
Toowoomba North State School is a government co-education primary (P-6) school, located on the south-west corner of Mort and Taylor Streets. In 2015, the school had an enrolment of 157 students with 12 teachers (11 full-time equivalent). However, despite the name, the school is officially within Toowoomba City rather than in North Toowoomba.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "North Toowoomba (SSC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "North Toowoomba – locality in Toowoomba Region (entry 48028)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 1 December 2019.
- Queensland Family History Society (2010), Queensland schools past and present (Version 1.01 ed.), Queensland Family History Society, ISBN 978-1-921171-26-0
- "Queensland Globe". State of Queensland. Retrieved 11 February 2018.
- "ST' JAMES'S PARISH". Toowoomba Chronicle. LIX (303). Queensland, Australia. 20 December 1920. p. 6. Archived from the original on 1 September 2020. Retrieved 1 September 2020 – via National Library of Australia.
- "Closed Churches". Anglican Church of Southern Queensland. Archived from the original on 3 April 2019. Retrieved 24 February 2019.CS1 maint: unfit URL (link)
- "Grace - A Sign From Above - A Home as Unique as You: 2B Allan Street, North Toowoomba". RealEstate.com. Retrieved 1 September 2020.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "North Toowoomba (SSC)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "North Toowoomba (SSC)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "The Downs Co-operative Dairy Association Limited Factory (former) (entry 602596)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 15 July 2013.
- "2015 School Annual Report" (PDF). Toowoomba North State School. Archived from the original (PDF) on 10 January 2017. Retrieved 10 January 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to North Toowoomba, Queensland.|
- "North Toowoomba". Queensland Places. Centre for the Government of Queensland, University of Queensland.