North Toowoomba, Queensland
The Downs Co-operative Dairy Association Limited Factory, 2014
|Population||3,049 (2011 census)|
|• Density||1,500/km2 (3,900/sq mi)|
|Area||2 km2 (0.8 sq mi)|
|Location||2 km (1 mi) N of Toowoomba|
|State electorate(s)||Toowoomba North|
North Toowoomba is an inner suburb of Toowoomba in the Toowoomba Region, Queensland, Australia, located directly north of the city centre. In the 2011 census, North Toowoomba had a population of 3,049 people.
Toowoomba North Boys State School and Toowoomba North Girls and Infants State School both opened in 1869. In 1937 the two schools were combined to form Toowoomba North State School.
There are a number of heritage-listed sites in North Toowoomba, including:
- 57 Brook Street: The Downs Co-operative Dairy Association Limited Factory
Toowoomba North State School is a government co-education primary (P-6) school, located on the south-west corner of Mort and Taylor Streets. In 2015, the school had an enrolment of 157 students with 12 teachers (11 full-time equivalent).
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "North Toowoomba (SSC)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "North Toowoomba (entry 41685)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 5 June 2011.
- Queensland Family History Society (2010), Queensland schools past and present (Version 1.01 ed.), Queensland Family History Society, ISBN 978-1-921171-26-0
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "North Toowoomba (SSC)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- "The Downs Co-operative Dairy Association Limited Factory (former) (entry 602596)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 15 July 2013.
- "2015 School Annual Report" (PDF). Toowoomba North State School. Retrieved 10 January 2017.
Media related to North Toowoomba, Queensland at Wikimedia Commons
|This Queensland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|