North Township, Harrison County, Ohio
|North Township, Harrison County, Ohio|
Location of North Township in Harrison County
|• Total||23.20 sq mi (60.10 km2)|
|• Land||23.19 sq mi (60.06 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.04 km2)|
|Elevation||1,168 ft (356 m)|
|• Density||74/sq mi (28.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086280|
North Township is one of the fifteen townships of Harrison County, Ohio, United States. As of the 2010 census the population was 1,717, of whom 954 lived in the unincorporated portion of the township.
Located in the northern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Perry Township, Carroll County - north
- Rumley Township - east
- Archer Township - southeast
- Stock Township - south
- Monroe Township - west
The village of Scio is located in central North Township.
Name and history
It is the only North Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001): North township, Harrison County, Ohio". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved December 29, 2017.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.