North Township, Lake County, Indiana
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Body||Township Board|
|• Member||Peter Katic (D)|
|• Member||Richard J. Novak (D)|
|• Member||Lisa Salinas Matonovich (D)|
|• Trustee||Adrian Santos (D)|
|• Total||58.87 sq mi (152.5 km2)|
|• Land||53.17 sq mi (137.7 km2)|
|• Water||5.7 sq mi (15 km2)|
|Elevation||591 ft (180 m)|
|• Density||3,063.1/sq mi (1,182.7/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (Central)|
46312, 46320-25, 46327, 46394
|GNIS feature ID||453677|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 58.87 square miles (152.5 km2), of which 53.17 square miles (137.7 km2) (or 90.32%) is land and 5.7 square miles (15 km2) (or 9.68%) is water.
The five municipalities of North Township, which lie totally within its boundaries and their populations as of the 2010 Census, are:
There are five public school districts in North Township:
- School City of East Chicago
- School City of Hammond
- School City of Whiting
- School Town of Highland
- School Town of Munster
The privately owned and operated Bishop Noll Institute is located in Hammond.
- "2014 Public Officials Directory". Lake County Board of Elections and Voter's Registration. Retrieved 2014-06-10.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2020 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Archived from the original on 2020-02-12. Retrieved 2013-05-10.