North West Delhi
|North West Delhi|
|• Body||Municipal Corporation Of Delhi|
|• Member of Parliament||Dr. Udit Raj|
|• Total||442.84 km2 (170.98 sq mi)|
|Elevation||213 m (699 ft)|
|• Official||Hindi, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||North-West Delhi|
|Civic agency||North Delhi Municipal Corporation|
North West Delhi is bounded by the Yamuna River on the northeast, and by the districts of North Delhi to the east and southeast, West Delhi to the south, Jhajjar District of Haryana state to the west, Sonipat District of Haryana to the northwest and north, Bagpat District and Ghaziabad District of Uttar Pradesh state to the northeast across the Yamuna.
According to the 2011 census North West Delhi has a population of 3,651,261, roughly equal to the nation of Liberia or the US state of Oklahoma. This gives it a ranking of 78th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 8,298 inhabitants per square kilometre (21,490/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 27.63%. North West Delhi has a sex ratio of 862 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 84.66%.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 1 October 2011.
Liberia 3,786,764 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- "North West District: Organisation Setup". Government of Delhi website.
- North West Delhi District, Official website
- Detailed Map of North West Delhi District
-  List of places in North-West-Delhi
|This article related to a location in the Indian state of Delhi is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|