|Public (NASDAQ: NBN)|
|Industry||Banking and Investments|
|Founded||Bethel, Maine, U.S. (1872 )|
|Headquarters||Lewiston, Maine, U.S.|
Number of locations
|14 Locations (10 branches and 4 investment centers)|
|Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire|
|Total assets||US $894,100,000 on 12-31-2015|
Number of employees
Northeast Bancorp is a Maine-based financial services company serving Maine, USA and is the parent company to its wholly owned subsidiary, Northeast Bank, a state-chartered financial institution. Headquartered in Lewiston, Maine USA, Northeast Bancorp is the 9th largest Maine-based public company. The company has $595 million in assets, employs over 200 people and operates 10 branches and 4 investment centers.
Northeast Bancorp was formed from the merger of Bethel Savings Bank and Brunswick Federal Savings in 1996.
- 1 Lines of Business
- 2 Communities Served
- 3 Diversification Philosophy
- 4 History
- 5 References
Lines of Business
Northeast Bank offers banking, financial planning, and wealth management services. The company embraces a consultative or "needs-based" sales philosophy requiring that all employees learn about its customers and only offer objective financial advice in accordance with the individual customers' financial situations.
Northeast Bank is the banking arm of Northeast Bancorp, operating from branches throughout the state of Maine.
Commercial banking products include checking, savings, and other deposit products; as well as construction loans, lines of credit and other loan products. Northeast Bank is an SBA Preferred Lender.
Online banking services are offered to both retail and commercial clients.
Northeast Bank has offices in the following communities:
In New Hampshire
As of June 30, 2008, Northeast generated approximately 43% of its revenue from the nontraditional noninterest sources. In addition, Northeast Bank was rated 10th in the nation by Michael White & Associates for insurance revenues as a percentage of noninterest income.
Northeast Bank Insurance Group acquired 7 independent agencies from November 2006 through June 2008.
- First Maine savings bank to receive a trust charter in 1983.
- First savings bank holding company in Maine to own and operate an insurance company in 2002.
- First Maine bank to offer health savings accounts in 2004.
- First State Chartered Bank in Maine to convert to Federal Charter in 1983.
Northeast Bank Predecessors
- Bethel Savings Bank, opened in 1872
- Bethel Bancorp created in 1987
- Brunswick Federal Savings Purchased in 1990
- Cushnoc Bank and Trust of Augusta Purchased in 1997
- First New England Benefits, purchased in 1993—formed employee benefits division
- Kendall Insurance Agency (purchased in 2002)
- Solon-Anson Insurance agency (purchased in 2004)
- Palmer Insurance Agency; Sturtevant & Ham Insurance Agency (all purchased in 2006)
- Southern Maine Insurance Agency; Hartford Agency; Russell Agency; Spence & Mathews Agency; Hyler Agency (all purchased in 2007)
- Maine-based Banks, Mainebiz, pg. 42. Retrieved 10-09-2008
- Northeast Bank History; http://www.northeastbank.com/About/documents/TimelineApril08.pdf timeline
- Northeast Bank 2008 Annual Report
- Northeast Bank Timeline; http://www.northeastbank.com/About/documents/TimelineApril08.pdf