Northeast Coast National Scenic Area
The Scenic Area ranges from Nanya Borough, Ruifang District, New Taipei in the north to North Porth of Toucheng Township, Yilan County, and covers Ruifang and Gongliao District of New Taipei and Toucheng Township of Yilan.
In December 1979, the "Report for Northeast Coast Special Scenic Area Planning" by the Tourism Bureau, Department of Transportation of the ROC (Taiwan) was commended to National Chengchi University and was ratified by Executive Yuan in February 1982.
The Scenic Area was founded on June 1, 1984 and promoted to a National Scenic Area on July 1, 1995.
The duties of the Northeast Coast National Scenic Area Administration include maintenance and patrol of the area. They also provide information and services, such as online applications for:
- Visiting Gueishan Island
- Pleasure-boat sailing and docking at ports of the Longdongwan preservation area.
- A multimedia guide to the Scenic Area
The Administration Office is located at No. 36 Singlong St., Fulong Village, Gongliao Country, just near the Fulong Bathing Beach.
- Jinguashi and Jiufen, the main gold mining site of Taiwan during the Qing Dynasty and Japanese rule.
- Bitou Cape
- Longdongwan Bay
- Yanliao Beach Park and golden beaches
- Fulong Beach
- Lailai Rock Fishing Area around Shicheng Borough, Toucheng Town
- Caoliing Ancient Trail, a trail built during the Qing Dynasty between Dali Borough, Toucheng Town and Gongliao Country.
- Honeymoon Bay
- Gueishan Island, visiting the island or whale watching
- Beiguan Park, for watching crashing waves
|This article about a location in Taiwan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|