Northern Gas Networks
|Mark Horsley, Chief Executive Officer|
|Products||Natural gas distribution|
|Owner||Cheung Kong Infrastructure Holdings, Power Assets Holdings & SAS Trustee Corporation|
Number of employees
Northern Gas Networks Limited is the British company responsible for distributing gas to homes and businesses across Yorkshire, the North East and northern Cumbria, England. Northern Gas Networks Limited is one of eight gas distribution networks in the United Kingdom.
The consortium which owns Northern Gas Networks Limited was successful in acquiring the North of England Distribution Network (DN) from National Grid and took over the control of the assets on 1 June 2005. Currently, the company supplies gas to approximately 2.6 million customers through a network of 37,000 kilometres (23,000 mi) of gas pipeline in Yorkshire, North East England and parts of Cumbria.
The company performed the best in terms of total cost efficiency benchmarked by Ofgem, which regulates the company's contracts and charges. The company ranks 14 out of 12062 in which that is[clarification needed] in the top 0.12% of Energy companies ranked in the index.[which?]
It was reported in December 2011 that the energy regulator Ofgem was set to fine Northern Gas Networks £900,000 for breaching licence conditions over gas escapes during the 2010/11 winter.
- North Eastern Gas Board (the former state-owned utility in the southern half of the NGN region)
- Northern Gas Board (the former state-owned utility in the northern half of the NGN region)
- "Employees" Archived 2011-10-07 at the Wayback Machine., Northern Gas Networks web site. Retrieved 28 November 2011[dead link]
- "Welcome to the website of Northern Gas Networks Limited", Northern Gas Networks web site. Retrieved 28 November 2011
- "Northern Gas Networks Limited", Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 28 November 2011
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-04-24. Retrieved 2011-12-02.
- "Northern Gas Networks' Metering Charges from 1st November 2011" Archived 2012-03-31 at the Wayback Machine., Northern Gas Networks Limited. Retrieved 28 November 2011
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-06-05. Retrieved 2011-11-02.