|Roof||129 ft (39 m)|
10 regular and 2 mechanical
|Location||19 N Broadway, Billings, Montana|
|Architect||Holabird & Root|
|NRHP Reference #||13000369|
|Added to NRHP||21 June 2013|
|Number of rooms||160|
Northern Hotel is a historic building located in the Downtown Core of Billings, Montana, at 19 North Broadway. The hotel was first built in 1902 by two of Billings' early business tycoons, P.B. Moss and Henry W Rowley. The hotel opened in 1904. The hotel, which had hosted Theodore Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson, was destroyed by a large fire in 1940. Other downtown structures were threatened, although a five-and-a-half-hour battle with the fire saved the other buildings, and all the hotel's guests were evacuated with no serious injuries. The Northern was rebuilt in 1941.
In September 2006, the Northern Hotel was closed and in January 2009, was sold at auction. Under new ownership and management the building was stripped back to the beams and completely remodeled. The hotel had its grand opening on 16 March 2013. The hotel was fit with the latest technology, making it one of the most advanced hotels in the country. The four star hotel has been called the finest hotel in Montana. The hotel contains multiple meeting and conference rooms, a ballroom, 160 guest rooms, a gym, and two restaurants: TEN, a fine dining restaurant, and Bernie's Diner. The Northern's four level parking garage was torn down and the city of Billings built a new six level, block long, mixed use parking structure directly south of the Northern Hotel. The hotel has approximately 185 slots available to guests, as well as valet services.
- Granite Cutters' Journal. 1940.
- "History of the Northern". Northern Hotel. Retrieved 24 July 2013.
- "$1,000,000 Blaze Razes U.S. Hotel". Edmonton Journal. 12 September 1940. p. 8. Retrieved 24 July 2013.
- Falstad, Jan (11 March 2013). "The new Northern: 'It will be the finest hotel in Montana'". Helena Air. Retrieved 24 July 2013.
- Hansen, Kristine (18 March 2013). "Boutique Northern Hotel to Open in Montana". Fodor's. Retrieved 24 July 2013.
- Kemmick, Ed (4 January 2013). "Another piece fitted into Northern Hotel puzzle". Billings Gazette. Retrieved 24 July 2013.
- Ferguson, Mike (23 September 2014). "After many delays, Empire Parking Garage is open". Billings Gazette. Retrieved 1 January 2017.
|This article about a hotel or resort in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|