Northern Ireland Friends of Israel
Northern Ireland Friends of Israel is a group dedicated to fostering better relations between Northern Ireland and the State of Israel. It was launched by the deputy ambassador of Israel, Talya Lador-Fresher, president of the Board of Deputies of British Jews Henry Grunwald and former First Minister Ian Paisley on 12 March 2009 in Belfast at the Great Hall, Stormont.
The mission statement of Northern Ireland Friends of Israel was launched at a meeting at the Park Avenue Belfast on 6 May 2009 in the presence of the Ambassador of Israel, Ron Prosor. The mission statement calls for positive engagement with those who seek "a lasting and just peace between Israel and its neighbours".
- Labour Friends of Israel
- Conservative Friends of Israel
- Liberal Democrat Friends of Israel
- European Friends of Israel
- Friends of Israel Initiative
- Spitzer, Maya (2009-03-18). "Ian Paisley launches Northern Ireland Friends of Israel". Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 2009-06-22.
- Steven Jaffe,Terry McCorran (2009-04-17). "Why Israel will never give in to terror tactics". Belfast Telegraph. Retrieved 2009-06-22.
|This article related to the politics of the United Kingdom, or its predecessor or constituent states, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|