Northern Lincolnshire and Goole Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
|Type of Trust|
|NHS hospital trust|
|Last annual budget||£317 million|
|Chair||Dr Jim Whittingham|
|Chief Executive||Karen Jackson|
|Website||Northern Lincolnshire and Goole|
|Care Quality Commission reports||CQC|
Northern Lincolnshire and Goole Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is an NHS Foundation Trust which was established in April 2001, by a merger of North East Lincolnshire NHS Trust and Scunthorpe and Goole Hospitals NHS Trust. It runs the Diana, Princess of Wales Hospital in Grimsby, Scunthorpe General Hospital, both in Lincolnshire, and Goole and District Hospital, in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
In January 2016 the trust was one of five where substantial reconfiguration of services was envisaged.
It was one of 11 trusts to be placed into special measures after the Keogh Review into higher than expected mortality rates. It was assigned to Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust for support and though it was said to be making good progress it was one of the 24 trusts placed in the highest risk band by the Care Quality Commission in October 2013.
In December 2013 the Trust was one of thirteen hospital trusts named by Dr Foster Intelligence as having higher than expected higher mortality indicator scores for the period April 2012 to March 2013 in their Hospital Guide 2013.
It was taken out of special measures in July 2014.
Scunthorpe General Hospital was judged by the Care Quality Commission to be “inadequate” in April 2016. They found “evidence of harm to patients within the outpatient services because of poor management of the follow up appointment system”. The trust complained about this assessment. Diana, Princess of Wales Hospital in Grimsby was rated as “requires improvement”, while Goole and District Hospital was rated “good”.
- "The impact of pathology reorganisation". Health Service Journal. 26 June 2013. Retrieved 4 May 2015.
- "Five trusts seeking millions for reconfiguration". Health Service Journal. 26 January 2016. Retrieved 11 March 2016.
- "Trust running Scunthorpe hospital is making 'good progress', says Health Secretary". Scunthorpe Telegraph. 24 October 2013. Retrieved 1 November 2013.
- "Raised risk of poor care at Scunthorpe General Hospital, says Care Quality Commission". Scunthorpe Telegraph. 25 October 2013. Retrieved 1 November 2013.
- "Dr Foster identifies 13 trusts with high mortality ratios". Health Service Journal. 6 December 2013. Retrieved 7 December 2013.
- "Northern Lincolnshire and Goole Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust taken out of special measures". Grimsby Telegraph. 17 July 2014. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- "Lincolnshire trust requests emergency DH bailout". Health Service Journal. 8 April 2015. Retrieved 4 May 2015.
- "Emergency savings drive and stretch targets fail to reduce provider deficit". Health Service Journal. 28 September 2015. Retrieved 1 November 2015.
- "FT hits out at CQC after hospital rated 'inadequate'". Health Service Journal. 15 April 2016. Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- "Cyber attack trust reveals details of ransomware virus". Health Service Journal. 7 December 2017. Retrieved 25 January 2017.