Northern Mariana Islands Football Association
|AFC affiliation||2009 (Associate member)|
|EAFF affiliation||2006 (Provisional member), 2008|
The Northern Mariana Islands Football Association is the governing body of football in the Northern Mariana Islands. It was founded in 2005 by US-Attorney Peter Coleman. The Association received full membership into the East Asian Football Federation in 2008. The association was admitted as a quasi-member of the Asian Football Confederation in July 2009.
The association runs the M*League, the top level of domestic competition within the commonwealth. It operates men's, women's and youth national football teams which play in the East Asian Football Federation championships.
- "North Mariana exit weakens Oceania Football Confederation". playthegame.org. 11 May 2009. Retrieved 1 January 2015.
- 'EAFF grants NMIFA full membership', Saipan Tribune, 2008-10-24. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- North Mariana Islands FA, East Asian Football Federation, July 2009. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- 29th EAFF Executive Committee Meeting, East Asian Football Federation, 2009-09-05. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- Official website
- Northern Marianas at AFC site
- Northern Mariana Islands Football Association at the EAFF website.
|This article about an association football-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|