The Northern Party is a British political party formed by Michael Dawson and former Blackpool MP Harold Elletson in March 2015 with the intention of contesting seats in the United Kingdom general election, 2015.
Michael Dawson, a former Executive Committee member of the Labour Campaign for Human Rights, is the nephew of former MP for Lancaster Hilton Dawson who now runs The North East Party. At the launch of the party he said "We've been planning this for months. This is a Northern Rebellion against a system that has failed the North."
The party describes its symbol as "a Norse raven, closely associated with the ancient kingdom of Northumbria (today's North of England) and the struggle for autonomy".
The party was registered with the Electoral Commission on 1 April 2015; the record lists Mark Dawson as Leader and Treasurer and Stephen Gilpin as Nominating Officer. The party's registered address is in Liverpool.
- North East Party a regional party in the north east of England
- Campaign for the North a Think Tank which seeks to address the North-South Divide and establish a Regional Government for Northern England
- "Ex Tory MP forms the Northern Party". The Guardian. 2 April 2015. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "The Northern Party: New party targets Lancashire seats". BBC News. 2 April 2015. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "Why the Raven?". Northern Party. Retrieved 26 April 2015.
- "The Northern Party". Registrations. Electoral Commission. Retrieved 26 April 2015.