Northern Region, Malawi
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Northern Region in Malawi
|• Total||26,931 km2 (10,398 sq mi)|
|• Density||63/km2 (160/sq mi)|
The Northern Region of Malawi, population 1,698,502 (2008), covers an area of 26,931 km². Its capital city is Mzuzu. The Northern Region borders Zambia to the west, Tanzania to the north, Lake Malawi to the east, and Malawi's Central Region to its south.
Of the 27 districts in Malawi, 6 of them are located within the Northern Region.
Prominent townships and or cities in the northern region include:
- Ekwendeni City (Mzimba District)
- Karonga City (Karonga District)
- Mzimba City (Mzimba District)
- Mzuzu City (which is also the capital city of Mzimba District)
- Rumphi City (Rumphi District)
- Nkhata Bay City (Nkhata Bay District)
|This Malawi location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|