The Northern Standard
The Northern Standard, also known by the uniform title Northern standard (Darwin, N.T.), was a newspaper published in Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia, from 1920 or 1921 to 1955. The paper was published by the North Australian Workers' Union from 1928 to 1955.
It is one of at least three Northern Territory governmental gazettes that existed, and which are available on line. They were:
- Northern Territory Times and Gazette 1873-1927
- North Australian 1883-1889
- Northern Standard 1929-ca. 1942
- "State Library of Western Australia Online Catalogue/All Locations". Government of Western Australia, Department of Health, WA Health Libraries Network. OCLC 214978346. Retrieved 2010-12-28.
- North Australian Workers' Union; Australian Workers' Union. Darwin Branch (1921), The Northern standard, Australian Workers Union (Darwin Branch)
- "Government Gazettes: Northern Territory". National Library of Australia. Retrieved December 22, 2015.
- Pratt, Edna; Mayo, Beattie; Genealogical Society of the Northern Territory (2002), Index to the "Northern Standard", Genealogical Society of the Northern Territory, retrieved 2011-11-22,
except for the period 6 February 1942 to 31 May 1946 (the War Period).
|This Australian newspaper-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|