Northfield, South Australia
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Adelaide, South Australia
Grand Junction Road, Northfield
|LGA(s)||City of Port Adelaide Enfield|
Northfield is a suburb of the greater Adelaide, South Australia area. The earliest known record of the name being used in reference to the area, is from the 1890s in conjunction with the North Field Athletics Club. Yatala Labour Prison is located in Northfield.
- Hampstead rehabilitation centre, part of the Royal Adelaide Hospital.
- Landing ground of Sir Ross & Keith Smith's Vickers Vimy . 23 March 1920
- Ross Smith Secondary School (formerly Northfield High School) - Closed in 2011
- Stockade botanic park
- Yatala Labour Prison, built in 1854.
- Northfield Primary School, established in 1861.
- Duncan Fraser Reserve, home of the Gepps Cross Football Club
- LJ Lewis Reserve, home of the Greenacres Football Club
Northfield is in the City of Port Adelaide Enfield local government area, and is in both the South Australian House of Assembly electoral districts of Playford and Torrens. It is also in both the Australian House of Representatives Divisions of Adelaide and Sturt.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Northfield, South Australia.|
|This article about a place in Adelaide is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|