Northfield Community Schools
|Northfield Community Schools|
|2000 New Road|
Northfield, NJ 08225
|Business administrator||Linda Albright|
|Students and staff|
|Enrollment||1,411 (as of 2014-15)|
|District Factor Group||DE|
The Northfield Community Schools is a community public school district that serves students in kindergarten through eighth grade from the City of Northfield, in Atlantic County, New Jersey, United States.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "DE", the fifth-highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
Students in ninth through twelfth grades attend Mainland Regional High School, which serves students from Linwood, Northfield and Somers Point. The high school is located in Linwood. For the 1997-98 school year, Mainland Regional High School was recognized by the United States Department of Education as a National Blue Ribbon School. As of the 2014-15 school year, the high school had an enrollment of 1,356 students and 119.6 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 11.3:1.
Awards and recognition
SETDA, the State Educational Technology Directors Association, named the Middle School as the winner of its Student Voices Award, which honors "an outstanding K-12 school or district that has leveraged technology to dramatically improve the educational experiences and achievement of their students." Northfield was praised for "redesigning their school setting to invite innovative learning anywhere and anytime. Modeled from the d. School at Stanford University, the school implemented new furniture, whiteboards, bikes, turtles, and more ... Overall, this school has been transformed to a new digital learning environment that provides hands-on experiences for all learners."
In 2016, Principal Glenn Robbins was recognized by the National Association of Secondary School Principals as one of three top national Digital Principals for the innovative Design Thinking and Idea Street concepts in the Northfield Middle School.
Karen Weeks, 7th grade math teacher at Northfield Community School, was named the 2009/2010 Atlantic County Teacher of the Year.
In 2009, Northfield Community School was named one of eight New Jersey Schools of Character.
In 2008, Northfield Community School was named the Healthiest School in Atlantic County in AtlantiCare's Healthy Schools contest.
- Elementary school
- Northfield Community Elementary School which served 487 students in grades K-4
- Maureen Vaccaro - Principal
- Middle school
- Northfield Community Middle School which served 440 students in grades 5-8
- Kevin Morrison - Principal
- District information for Northfield City School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 7, 2016.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed September 12, 2014.
- Mainland Regional High School 2016 School Report Card, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed May 21, 2017. "Mainland is a comprehensive, four-year public high school with an enrollment of approximately 1,351 students serving the communities of Somers Point, Northfield and Linwood. Mainland is recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence by the United States Department of Education."
- Blue Ribbon Schools Program: Schools Recognized 1982-1983 through 1999-2002 (PDF), United States Department of Education. Accessed May 29, 2016.
- School data for Mainland Regional High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- 2016 Digital Principals of the Year, National Association of Secondary School Principals. Accessed October 10, 2016. "Glenn Robbins is the principal of Northfield Community Middle School in Northfield, NJ, where technology is a ubiquitous element of a larger culture of innovative, student-centered learning focused on the mantra 'Becoming Life Ready.'"
- 2016 New Jersey Schools of Character Recognition Ceremony, New Jersey Alliance for Social, Emotional, and Character Development. Accessed October 10, 2016. "Northfield Middle School (’09) Northfield, NJ"
- School Data for the Northfield Community Schools, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 7, 2016.
- New Jersey School Directory data for the Northfield Community Schools, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 29, 2016.
- Northfield Community Elementary School, Northfield Community Schools. Accessed September 12, 2014.
- Faculty & Staff, Northfield Community School. Accessed May 21, 2017.
- Northfield Community Middle School, Northfield Community Schools. Accessed September 12, 2014.
- New Jersey School Directory for Atlantic County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 29, 2016.
- Superintendent's Message, Northfield Community Schools. Accessed May 21, 2017.
- Business Administrator's Office, Northfield Community Schools. Accessed May 21, 2017.
- Northfield Community Schools
- Northfield Community Schools's 2015–16 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- School Data for the Northfield Community Schools, National Center for Education Statistics
- Mainland Regional High School website