|Subdivisions of the Quaternary System|
In the geologic time scale, the Northgrippian is the middle of the three ages of the Holocene epoch which lies in the Quaternary period. It was officially ratified by the International Commission on Stratigraphy in July 2018 along with the Greenlandian and the Meghalayan.
- Cohen, K.M.; Finney, S.C.; Gibbard, P.L.; Fan, J.-X. "International Chronostratigraphic Chart". International Commission on Stratigraphy. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- "IUGS ratifies Holocene". Retrieved 18 August 2018.
- "announcement ICS chart v2018/07". Retrieved 9 August 2018.
- Cohen, Kim Mikkel, David A. T. Harper, Philip Leonard Gibbard, and Junxuan Fan. "The ICS International Chronostratigraphic Chart". International Commission on Stratigraphy. Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- International Commission on Stratigraphy. "ICS chart containing the Quaternary and Cambrian GSSPs and new stages (v 2018/07) is now released!". Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- Amos, Jonathan (18 July 2018). "Welcome to the Meghalayan Age - a new phase in history". BBC News. Retrieved 19 July 2018.
|This geochronology article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|