Northlake Mall (Charlotte, North Carolina)
Entrance to Northlake Mall, April 2012
|Location||6801 Northlake Mall Drive|
Charlotte, North Carolina
|Opening date||September 15, 2005|
|Management||Starwood Capital Group|
|Owner||Starwood Capitol Group|
|No. of stores and services||130|
|No. of anchor tenants||5|
|Total retail floor area||GLA = 1,071,000 square feet (99,500 m2)|
|No. of floors||2|
Northlake Mall is a two-story modern shopping mall located eight miles (13 km) north of center city Charlotte, North Carolina off Interstate 77 at exit 18, Harris Blvd, and off Interstate 485 at exit 21 Harris Blvd owned by Starwood Capitol Group and managed by upscale mall company Taubman Centers.
In 2005, when Northlake Mall opened, it filled a void for the lack of retail in the northern portion of Mecklenburg County. A mall had been planned for this region for years, but plans never materialized until a few years prior to the mall's opening. It has become the dominant retail destination for the thriving communities in North Charlotte and the Lake Norman region, from where it gets its name.
It was announced in 2013 that Northlake Mall would receive Charlotte's second H&M store, after the recently announced store at Carolina Place Mall. These two stores, along with the planned store at the SouthPark Mall, will be the only H&M stores in the Charlotte area, and one of seven H&M stores in the state of North Carolina.
In June 2014, it was announced that Taubman Centers would sell Northlake Mall to Starwood Capitol Group for $1.4 billion.
In February 2016, Starwood Capitol Group announced a $50 million expansion of the mall, adding an additional 200,000 square feet.
- AMC Theatres
- Belk (180,000 sq ft (17,000 m2);
- Dillard's (186,000 sq ft (17,300 m2);
- Dick's Sporting Goods (75,000 sq ft (7,000 m2);
- Macy's (165,000 sq ft (15,300 m2); opened as Hecht's, converted to Macy's in 2006.
Junior anchor stores
- H&M (25,600 sq ft (2,380 m2); Space previously occupied by Borders Books and Music from 2005 to 2011, remodeled as an H&M in 2014.
- "Northlake Mall Official Website". The Taubman Company. Retrieved 2014-05-09.
- "Fashion retailer H&M to open at Charlotte's Northlake Mall". Charlotte Business Journal. Retrieved 2014-05-09.
- "H&M plans SouthPark mall store". Charlotte Business Journal. Retrieved 2014-05-09.
- "H&M Store Locator". H&M. Retrieved 2014-05-09.
- "Northlake Mall Directory". The Taubman Company. Retrieved 2014-05-09.
- "Northlake Mall Fact Sheet" (PDF). The Taubman Company. Retrieved 2014-05-09.
- "H&M Coming to Northlake Mall". The Taubman Company. Retrieved 2014-05-09.