The Northridge Mall North Wing Entrance
|Location||Salinas, California, USA|
|Management||Starwood Capital Group|
|Owner||Starwood Retail Properties|
|No. of stores and services||128|
|No. of anchor tenants||4|
|Total retail floor area||892,824 sq ft (82,946.1 m2)|
|No. of floors||1 (2 in JCPenney, Macy's, and Sears)|
Northridge Mall, located in Salinas, California, serves as Monterey County's largest shopping mall. The single-story structure encompasses 976,913 sq ft (90,758 m2) of retail space and features more than 110 shops, two restaurants, a fast-food court with eight outlets, and four department stores including Sears, JCPenney, Macy's, and Forever 21. There are approximately 3,000 spaces in the open-air parking lot.
Northridge Mall is a one level enclosed regional shopping center on 94 acres (380,000 m2) in Salinas, California. It comprises 1,003,569 square feet (93,235 m2) of gross leasable area. There are four department stores in the main mall; Macy's, JCPenney, Mervyn's and Sears. Exterior pad sites create nine additional venues for customers in the marketplace. - Northridge Mall web-site
Northridge Mall opened in 1974 with sixty stores and Emporium Capwells, JCPenney, and Mervyns as anchor stores. It was owned by the insurance company Northwestern Mutual. While the Sears, which now sits at the south end of the Mall, already existed, it was neither connected to nor affiliated with the Mall at this time. It was not until the new south wing was added in 1982 that the pre-existing Sears outlet became part of the Mall. The new wing also nearly doubled the shopping center's retail space and stores.
In 1994 the Mall was remodeled and in 1996 the Emporium Capwells outlet was replaced by Macy's; both Sears and JCPenney underwent extensive remodels. In 1998, the Mervyns outlet was extensively remodeled to incorporate the brand's new image.
Starwood Capital Group purchased Northridge Mall in 2013 from Macerich for a purchase price of approximately $120 million. 
Anchors & Majors
- JCPenney (151,712 sq ft (14,095 m2))
- Macy's (170,334 sq ft (15,825 m2))
- Forever 21 (60,000 sq ft (6,000 m2))
- Sears (135,690 sq ft (12,606 m2))
Major retail outlets
- Best Buy (30,000 sq ft (3,000 m2))
- Century Theatres (44,068 sq ft (4,094 m2))
- Firestone (20,969 sq ft (1,948 m2))
- HomeTown Buffet/Michaels/Rite Aid (55,487 sq ft (5,155 m2). total)
- Toys "R" Us (50,468 sq ft (4,689 m2))
- Old Navy (14,584 sq ft (1,355 m2))
- Gap/Gap Kids (10,649 sq ft (989 m2))
- "Store Directory". Northridge Mall. Retrieved 2011-02-14.
- "Leasing Information". Starwood Retail Properties. Retrieved 2011-02-14.
- "COMPANY BRIEFS". The New York Times. September 17, 2003.
- "The Macerich Company Announces Acquisition of Northridge Mall" (Press release). Macerich. Sep 16, 2003.
- Northridge Mall purchased. Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal.
- "Northridge Mall in Salinas sold to Chicago investors". Monterey County Herald. June 6, 2013.
- Sasha M Pardy (December 15, 2008). "Kohl's and Forever 21 Take Over 46 Mervyns Leases for Only $6.25 Million". CoStar.
- Northridge Mall Official website