Northville Township, LaSalle County, Illinois
Location in LaSalle County
LaSalle County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||33.44 sq mi (86.6 km2)|
|• Land||32.68 sq mi (84.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.76 sq mi (2.0 km2) 2.27%|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||226.7/sq mi (87.5/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 33.44 square miles (86.6 km2), of which 32.68 square miles (84.6 km2) (or 97.73%) is land and 0.76 square miles (2.0 km2) (or 2.27%) is water.
The Communities of Sandwich, Sheridan, Northville, and Somonauk all contribute to the township's population, and with the township's recent growth, coupled with the difficulty of the county to respond quickly to the remote corner of the county, a County Sheriff Substation was constructed south of the Sandwich neighborhood of Lake Holiday. Sheridan, which mostly sits within Mission Township to the south, actually has a small area on the north side of the Fox River, which sits within the Northville Township limits.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Lake Holiday (CDP)
- Northville (Unincorporated community)
- Sheridan (mostly located within Mission Township)
- Wildwood (Unincorporated subdivision, claimed by the City of Sandwich
Note: The star (*) denotes partial or full placement within a neighboring county
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
|This LaSalle County, Illinois location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|