Northwest Arkansas Mall
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Location||Fayetteville, Arkansas, USA|
|Opening date||March 2, 1972|
|Developer||General Growth Properties|
|Management||Bayer Properties, LLC|
|Owner||4201 North Shiloh Drive Holdings, LLC|
|No. of stores and services||more than 100|
|No. of anchor tenants||4|
|Total retail floor area||820,581 square feet (76,000 m2)|
|No. of floors||2|
The shopping center began as Northwest Arkansas Plaza, a single-level mall of 570,000 leasable square feet. There were originally three anchors, Sears, J.C. Penney and Dillard's. Among its other charter tenants were an F.W. Woolworth 5 and 10, Boston Store (later Beall-Ladymon), and Mall Twin Cinema. A major renovation and expansion was done between the spring of 1995 and spring of 1999. Over 300,000 square feet were added, existing stores relocated and/or enlarged and two new anchor stores constructed.
The original J.C. Penney was replaced with a larger store, with the original structure being partially demolished. Half of its area became a Pincic Food Court of 12 fast-food restaurants. On the opposite end of the mall, a second Dillard's was built, which would house a Men's and Children's Store. The original Dillard's became a Women's Store. The final project in the renovation was an enlargement of the existing Sears. With all reconstruction work completed, the shopping hub -now known as Northwest Arkansas Mall- encompassed 820,581 leasable square feet.
Currently, the mall features more than 100 specialty stores, and is anchored by the aforementioned Dillard's stores, J.C. Penney and Sears. The mall is managed by Bayer Properties, LLC of Birmingham. Alabama.
- Dillard's (117,400 square feet) - Opened March 1972 / Became a Women's Store in 1997
- Sears (90,400 square feet) - Opened March 1972 / Expanded to 137,000 square feet in 1998-1999
- J.C. Penney (95,600 square foot) - Opened 1978 / Shuttered in 1997 / Partially demolished, with remaining structure made into a Food Court and additional mall stores
- J.C. Penney (154,100 square feet) - Opened 1997
- Dillard's Men's & Children's (105,000 square feet) - Opened 1997