Northwest Central Conference
The Northwest Central Conference is an OHSAA athletic league located in parts of northwest and western Ohio. The league came into existence in the 2001-2002 school year. The NWCC supports 10 league sports: Boys and Girls Cross Country, Boys Golf, Football, Volleyball, Boys and Girls Basketball, Baseball and Softball.
The NWCC brings a rich athletic history and fierce competition. Every year the NWCC produces many college-level athletes from all divisions levels of NCAA to NAIA.
|Elgin||Comets||Marion (Big Island Twp.)||Scarlet, Gray
|Hardin Northern||Polar Bears||Dola||Black, White
|Lehman Catholic||Cavaliers||Sidney||Blue, Gold
||2011 (Leaving in 2021)|
|Lima Perry||Commodores||Lima||Red, White
|Ridgemont||Golden Gophers||Mount Victory||Green, Gold
|Riverside||Pirates||DeGraff||Red, Royal Blue
||2001 (Leaving in 2021)|
|Temple Christian||Pioneers||Lima||Navy Blue, Silver
||2001 (No Football)|
|Upper Scioto Valley||Rams||McGuffey||Red, Black, White
|Ridgedale||Rockets||Morral||Columbia Blue, Red
- Troy Christian was set to become a football-only member in the NWCC for 2012, but decided in July 2012 to cancel its football season due to low numbers. They were hoping to play a full NWCC schedule by 2014, but ultimately withdrew from the league. Troy Christian previously had competed as a football-only member in the NWCC until after the 2004 season.
- An invitation to join was extended to Hardin Northern, a school that struggled to field a varsity football team for 2013 season. On February 19, 2014, Hardin Northern's school board voted 5-0 to withdraw from the Blanchard Valley Conference and apply to the NWCC for membership. The NWCC accepted Hardin Northern as a full member for 2014-15 on March 19, 2014, with football joining in 2015-16.
- On April 10, 2015, The Cross County Conference announced that they added Fort Loramie as a football-only member starting in 2017. 2016 will be their last season competing in the NWCC.
- In December 2015, the NWCC announced that Elgin would become a full member of the league beginning in the 2017-18 school year. Elgin will be coming over from the Mid-Ohio Athletic Conference Blue Division, which is losing seven of its members to a new league in the near future.
- In April 2019, Riverside and Lehman Catholic announced they were leaving to join Covington, Bethel, Miami East, Milton-Union, Northridge and Troy Christian in the formation of a new conference
- In October 2019, Ridgedale's school board voted 3-2 to leave the Northern 10 Athletic Conference and join the NWCC beginning with the 2021-2022 school year.
|Fairbanks||Panthers||Milford Center||Red, White
||2004-2012||Moved to the MOAC then moved to the Ohio Heritage Conference|
|Marion Catholic||Fighting Irish||Marion||Green, White
||2001-2013||School closed after the 2012-13 school year|
|St. Wendelin||Mohawks||Fostoria||Black, Gold
||2009-2010||Football only. Was voted out of the NWCC in 2010 after canceling three of their league games during the 2010 season. School closed after 2016-17 school year.|
|Troy Christian||Eagles||Troy||Forest Green, Gold
|Yellow Springs||Bulldogs||Yellow Springs||Blue, White
||2003-2008||Football only. Dropped football, then joined the Metro Buckeye Conference|
|Fort Loramie||Redskins||Fort Loramie||Red, Black
||2011-2017||Football only. Joined Cross County Conference (also for football only)|
|2016||Upper Scioto Valley|
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-09-04. Retrieved 2013-04-18.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Billing, Greg (December 17, 2003). "TROY CHRISTIAN LEAVES NWCC; YELLOW SPRINGS MAY FOLLOW". Dayton Daily News. Archived from the original on March 21, 2014. Retrieved March 21, 2014.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-02-21. Retrieved 2014-02-13.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Radick, Ted (February 20, 2014). "Hardin Northern District ready to leave BVC". Findlay Courier. Retrieved February 20, 2014.
- "Hardin Northern officially in NWCC". Findlay Courier. March 20, 2014. Retrieved March 20, 2014.
- Admin (December 12, 2015). "NWCC announces Elgin as a new full member to the NWCC in 2017". Northwest Central Conference. Retrieved December 13, 2015.
- McCurdy, Rob (November 20, 2015). "Seven MOAC Blue Division schools are leaving the league". Marion Star. Retrieved November 21, 2015.
- Carter, Edward (October 22, 2019). "Ridgedale votes to leave N10 athletic conference for NWCC". Marion Star. Retrieved December 31, 2019.
- http://www.marionstar.com/article/20110602/HSSPORTS/110602005/Schools-verbally-agree-join-MOAC?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CFrontpage%7Cp[permanent dead link]
- "Diocese: Marion Catholic High School To Close". [WBNS-TV]. March 20, 2013. Retrieved March 20, 2013.
- https://fostoriafocus.com/article.php?id=1232[permanent dead link]
- "CCC adds Fort Loramie for football". Dayton Daily News. April 10, 2015. Retrieved April 10, 2015.
|This article related to sports in Ohio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|