Northwest Central Conference
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Northwest Central Conference (OHSAA))
an OHSAA athletic league located in parts of northwest and western Ohio. The league came into existence in the 2001-2002 school year. The NWCC supports 10 league sports: Boys and Girls Cross Country, Boys Golf, Football, Volleyball, Boys and
The NWCC brings a rich athletic history and fierce competition. Every year the NWCC produces many college-level athletes from all divisions levels of NCAA to NAIA.
|Fort Loramie||Redskins||Fort Loramie||Red, Black
||2011 (Football-Only), primarily competes in the Shelby County Athletic League
|Hardin Northern||Polar Bears||Dola||Black, White
|Lehman Catholic||Cavaliers||Sidney||Blue, Gold
|Lima Perry||Commodores||Lima||Red, White
|Ridgemont||Golden Gophers||Ridgeway||Green, Gold
|Riverside||Pirates||DeGraff||Red, Royal Blue
|Temple Christian||Pioneers||Lima||Navy Blue, Silver
||2001 (No Football)|
|Upper Scioto Valley||Rams||McGuffey||Red, Black, White
|Elgin||Comets||Marion (Big Island Twp.)||Scarlet, Gray
||Joining in 2017-18 as a full-member|
- Troy Christian was set to become a football-only member in the NWCC for 2012, but decided in July 2012 to cancel its football season due to low numbers. They were hoping to play a full NWCC schedule by 2014, but ultimately withdrew from the league. Troy Christian previously had competed as a football-only member in the NWCC until after the 2004 season.
- An invitation to join was extended to Hardin Northern, a school that struggled to field a varsity football team for 2013 season. On February 19, 2014, Hardin Northern's school board voted 5-0 to withdraw from the Blanchard Valley Conference and apply to the NWCC for membership. The NWCC accepted Hardin Northern as a full member for 2014-15 on March 19, 2014, with football joining in 2015-16.
- On April 10, 2015, The Cross County Conference announced that they added Fort Loramie as a football-only member starting in 2017. 2016 will be their last season competing in the NWCC.
- In December 2015, the NWCC announced that Elgin would become a full member of the league beginning in the 2017-18 school year. Elgin will be coming over from the Mid-Ohio Athletic Conference Blue Division, which is losing seven of its members to a new league in the near future.
|Fairbanks||Panthers||Milford Center||Red, White
|Moved to the MOAC|
|Marion Catholic||Fighting Irish||Marion||Green, White
||2001-2013||School closed after the 2012-13 school year|
|St. Wendelin||Mohawks||Fostoria||Black, Gold
||2009-2010||Football only. Was voted out of the NWCC in 2010 after canceling three of their league games during the 2010 season.|
|Troy Christian||Eagles||Troy||Forest Green, Gold
|Yellow Springs||Bulldogs||Yellow Springs||Blue, White
||2003-2008||Football only. Cut Football. Joined the Metro Buckeye Conference|
- Billing, Greg (December 17, 2003). "TROY CHRISTIAN LEAVES NWCC; YELLOW SPRINGS MAY FOLLOW". Dayton Daily News. Retrieved March 21, 2014.
- Radick, Ted (February 20, 2014). "Hardin Northern District ready to leave BVC". Findlay Courier. Retrieved February 20, 2014.
- "Hardin Northern officially in NWCC". Findlay Courier. March 20, 2014. Retrieved March 20, 2014.
- Admin (December 12, 2015). "NWCC announces Elgin as a new full member to the NWCC in 2017". Northwest Central Conference. Retrieved December 13, 2015.
- McCurdy, Rob (November 20, 2015). "Seven MOAC Blue Division schools are leaving the league". Marion Star. Retrieved November 21, 2015.
- "Diocese: Marion Catholic High School To Close". [WBNS-TV]. March 20, 2013. Retrieved March 20, 2013.
|This article related to sports in Ohio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|